This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would YOU be interested?

I'd like to revive some of our blog categories and introduce new ones and make the blog more interesting. WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED in participating?

We already have a couple of blog categories that are looking sad.

1. We have a BOOK/AUTHOR REVIEW category with just one review. Do you like reading? Would you like to share with us what book or author you like?

2. We have a RECIPE category, also with one lonely post. Do you enjoy cooking? Would you be willing to offer some of your culinary expertise, either in the form of a recipe or tips........or it could even be a funny story about how your recipe went swiftly downhill to disaster status.........that's me!

3. In our previous blog (on blogger) we had a series of 'Meet our Members' where members who wished to participate were given a list of questions to answer. We pretty much exhausted that as we got to the end of the list of the members who wished to participate. I'd now like to introduce a category, possibly named MEMBER'S SNAPSHOT, but open to suggestions for category name. This would be a voluntary thing where each week (or as a little or as often as we had willing participants) we would feature a member. It would be entirely up to that member what she/he would like to share. I just think this may be a nice way of getting to know more about one another.

For example, you could tell us about...........

a. your life in general.
    b. any hobbies you are passionate about.
    c. your pets.
    d. your family.
    e. a holiday that you enjoyed.
    f. something funny that happened to you or your family.
    g. something that really annoys you.
    h. something you can't do without.

etc. etc. You get the picture.

You wouldn't have to compose the post or anything like that. You would only need to send me the text and any photos and/or layouts (optional) that you would like to include. I would do everything else.

Good or bad ideas? Let me know what you think, and I would appreciate your honesty. As always, I welcome your suggestions/ideas.

Thanks!

Robyn, wonderful ideas! I'm sure that many members will want to participate.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

1 or 2 book reviews coming up. Lol , the snap shot thing sounds interesting. I tend to forget about the blog,until someone mentions something, then I look, and Like it. Must make it a habit to check it out,because it is a nice space.
      Last edited by nemla; 07-23-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Robyn
        Robyn commented
        Editing a comment
        Some book reviews would be great thank you Vivi.

Sounds good Robyn!

Comment

I will have to give this some thought Robyn. One thing comes to mind are travelogues from our members, because we have members from all over the world. This could include places visited, memories experienced, and hopefully photos. Another idea off the travelogue would be for members to highlight the area in which they currently live, or where they grew up. This would be a great way to see the world without leaving your computer.

Save
        Save
        Save
        Save

Comment

• JodyT
          JodyT commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry Robyn .. just read your reply, have not been able to get to computer for a few days.. Do you want just photos or layouts?
          Last edited by JodyT; 08-12-2017, 01:20 AM.

• Robyn
          Robyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Just photos and commentary would be good Jody. But layouts are quite okay too. Either..........up to you.

• Elk Fan
          Elk Fan commented
          Editing a comment
          I love this idea. I had been toying with trying to put together a challenge about things we might not know about where we each live but just never got around to putting it together. Life seems to be getting in the way right now!!

Lots of great ideas, Robyn! I appreciate how you keep the blog and site updated all the time!

Comment

Great ideas Robyn ... I'm not sure how you could include it into a blog but why not a map of the world showing where the members are .. maybe a pin or star etc ?

Comment

Here are some recipes to be included in the blog:

Angel Food Pineapple Cake by Evelyn

See new blog post-recipes
          http://forum.justartscrapbooking.com...g-post-recipes
          post 3: Apple pie by Nemia
          post 4: Pearfect sandwich by Nemia
          post 4: Mushrooms with attitude by Nemia
          post 4: Easiest Baked Potato Ever by Nemia
          post 5: A Fine Mess by Evelyn

See Recipes on the blog--any volunteers?
          http://forum.justartscrapbooking.com...any-volunteers
          post 8: Baked with Love by Nemia (I added the Forgotten Cookies recipe to Nemia's page)
          post 9: Canadian Elephant Soup by Sue C

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

Robyn, if you would like more recipes for the blog, I will be glad to host a recipe blog challenge next month.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

• Robyn
              Robyn commented
              Editing a comment
              EXCELLENT idea Grace. Thank you so much.

THink this would be good as there is a quite wide choice to put into the bog ,you can give info on any life moment ..

Comment

All smashing ideas Robyn......I'm sure that a good few of the DaisyTrailers who have joined recently would be interested. X 😊

Comment

Oh my! I would love to help with the blog, but I don't like to read; I am more of a visual person, you know, give me a video, and I am a lousy cook!! If anything comes up that I could help with, let me know. How about a movie review. I don't go to the movies, as I have Hulu, Netfilx and Amazon Prime, but I always like to hear if the movie is worth my time or not.

Comment

• Robyn
                  Robyn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Movie reviews would be great. Good idea Nancy!

Lots of good ideas here, so THANK YOU.

If any of you would like to kick off with one of these ideas, please just send me your text (and images if you so choose). You can PM me, OR send them to justartscrapbooking@gmail.com
                OR send me a link to where you have the document hosted, such as Dropbox etc.

It can be a Word document, pdf. document etc. etc. If you do something such as a book review, or movie review, I can scout around and get the images off the internet.

Comment

All of the ideas sound good, I'll definitely put something forward - not sure what yet though lol!!

Comment

• Robyn
                    Robyn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Karen.

Hi Robyn, here is a layout you could use for Places To Visit in Wisconsin USA. To learn more about EAA visit this site here. https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure

Save
                  Save
                  Save
                  Save

Comment

• Diane's Art
                    Diane's Art commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you Nancy. I thought a PLACES TO VISIT area on the blog would be a great idea. That way members could highlight events in their area, or their favorite vacation spots.

• RoseC
                    RoseC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like this idea as well. We just returned from a trip to PEI Canada 🇨🇦 and hubby did well. More restaurants are serving GF foods and we now have apps to help find restaurants while traveling. So he is ready to try another longer trip down south to visit family and friends in anticipation of going cross country again come spring. He really wants to do that this fall but I am the one more anxious at this point.😯 Now that we are home again, hope to catch up. Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

• Diane's Art
                    Diane's Art commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Rose. Our family went to Canada a number of years ago. We went on the Agawa Canyon train tour. It was a wonderful experience with very gorgeous scenery. Summer is going way too fast for me!
                Working...
                X