Need some paper scrapping help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some paper scrapping help!

Does anyone know the name of the very soft paper that you wet and then tear into shapes. Scrappers used it a lot to make teddy bears. I am FINALLY getting rid of all my paper scrapping supplies and I have a lot of this paper, but totally forgot the name of it.

Sorry Nancy, can't help you.

Comment

• NancyP
      NancyP commented
      Editing a comment
      Robyn!!! What did you do to your avatar????? Where is that sweet pretty lady that use to be there???????

• Robyn
      Robyn commented
      Editing a comment
      It's the new and improved me...........probably just temporary.

hmmmm ..... do you know what weight it is? could it possibly be water colour paper ? ... it gives a fuzzy end when tearing ? ... it's pressed paper and the one I'm thinking of is cold pressed and maybe 90 lbs?

Comment

Do you mean tissue paper Nancy??

Comment

Nope not tissue paper, but Sue C yes it has fuzzy edges when you tear it apart, and its best to wet it before tearing it. You don't cut this, you just tear it.

Comment

• Sue C
          Sue C commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds like watercolour paper to me or something very similar ...what will you do with it ? make more teddy bears ???

• NancyP
          NancyP commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually I am selling all my scrapbooking supplies!! Time for it to be GONE as I never use it any more. You would not believe what my house looks like!!!! You don't realize how much you collect throughout the years!

Translucent paper comes to mind, some of it is hard, some of it soft: easily torn. However I could be wrong, I'm having sensitivities to light & eye problems & headaches since my accident.

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
        Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keeps You Humble,
        Success keeps You Glowing, But Only God keeps You Going!!

Comment

• Sue C
          Sue C commented
          Editing a comment
          This disturbs me big time !!! ..... have you seen or gone back to your gp and your eye doctor ? ... your insurance company needs to know about this as well ... you may need more help and this is something you should not leave !!!!

Crepe Paper perhaps ? Nancy that they make Christmas decorations from xxx

OR there is a paper called Unryu which has threads through it
        Last edited by Anita; 02-16-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Do you mean mulberry paper Nancy? xxx

Comment

• Sue C
            Sue C commented
            Editing a comment
            I bet that's it lol ... never thought of it

• BrightEyes
            BrightEyes commented
            Editing a comment
            Bet it is Mulberry paper... was just coming in to suggest that. It has different width of threads running through it. I have lots of it on rolls. I use it by wetting where I want it to tear - then add pieces of it to the inside of clear glass vases, etc with mod-podge. Place a LED tea light inside and it is so pretty.

Originally posted by tracpitch View Post
          Do you mean mulberry paper Nancy? xxx

​YES, YES, YES!!!!! That's it!! Mulberry paper!!!! I was going crazy trying to remember the name of this paper!!! Thank you everyone, for helping me!!!

Comment

Oh I know the feeling Nancy when you just can't remember something so obvious and it drives you crazy lol....glad to be able to help xxx

Comment

oh you brought me memories I used to this bears yes mulberry paper
              My Blog: with2worlds.org
              Instagram: Jana_NJ
              Facebook: facebook.com/2worlds

Comment

Working...
              X