April Quote Challenge Lewis Carroll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Quote Challenge Lewis Carroll

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by his pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English writer, mathematician, logican, Angilican deacon, and photographer. His most famous writings are Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking Glass. (Wikipedia)

This month’s theme challenge is Alice in Wonderland. You may use a quote by Lewis Carroll or be inspired by the Disneyland ride or by one of the Alice movies or lyrics from the Alice in Wonderland movies.

For a Plot Overview of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, see Spark Notes
    http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/alice/summary.html

For a Character List of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, see Spark Notes
    http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/alice/characters.html

Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/att...in-wonderland/

Alice in Wonderland Full Ride-Through at Disneyland w/Updated Projections, Fantasyland
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnVp5XSzk

Alice in Wonderland (195l) animated movie
    Alice in Wonderland (2010) movie
    Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) movie

Here are some quotes by Lewis Carroll:

I can’t go back to yesterday—because I was a different person then.

Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Speak in French when you can’t think of the English for a thing—turn your toes out when you walk—And remember who you are?

Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Everything is funny, if you can laugh at it.

I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.

It’s always tea time.

Please upload your pages to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back in this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is my page:

My Just Art Gallery

thank you for the challenge - I am pleased!
    Your layout is outstanding!

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Veronika, thank you for the wonderful comments.

Grace, one of my favorite stories!! Love the quotes and thank you for all your research!!
    [/URL]

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Nancy, I'm glad that Alice in Wonderland is one of your favorite stories and thank you for the nice comments.

Love Alice ... feel like I've gone down that rabbit hole a few times ... your creation is beautiful Grace ...

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Evelyn, I think most of us have gone down the rabbit hole and thank you for the lovely comments.

Thank you for another interesting quote challenge, Grace. Love your colourful page!
    Here is my page

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Ursula, love the beautiful layering and blending and brushwork and the elegant lady and beautiful clusters and the wonderful quote on your fabulous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge and thank you for the wonderful comments.

• RoseC
      RoseC commented
      Editing a comment
      Another fantastic page - I love that ferris wheel!

love Alice like everyone else .. great challenge

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Sue, I'm glad that everyone loves Alice and thank you for the great comments.

LOVE Alice in Wonderland.. here is my layout using one of the quotes.

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Jody, the quote is perfect for the wonderful 1966 photo and love the beautiful brushwork on your 1966 Drama Club page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

• RoseC
      RoseC commented
      Editing a comment
      Great memory page. And the quote you chose is perfect for layout and the photo. Very nice and I love how you blended your overlays into the frame.

Thank you for hosting this challenge Grace and as always, another great choice!
    Save

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Robyn, you are welcome. I enjoy hosting the monthly quote challenge.

He might have said this ...

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...ril-quote.html

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Evelyn, love the image of Walt Disney and the two Queen of Hearts--especially the Queen with the purple hair--and the journaling on your imaginative and creative page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

• RoseC
      RoseC commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it! Wonderful page that made me smile!

Such a fun challenge.

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Kay, love the adorable girl in the heart shape and the delightful Alice in Wonderland scene with the great shadow-work and the wonderful quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

• RoseC
      RoseC commented
      Editing a comment
      Another fun page and such a lovely child.

I love Alice, I will be back with mine later today.

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Vicki, I'm glad that you love Alice and I'm looking forward to your page!

Such fun! I need to post this (affirmation style) on my mirror, lol. Thought I'd go bright and full of color but got trapped and entranced by gray shades.

Last edited by Mylinn; 04-04-2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      When I click on the image, it's goDigitalScrapbooking Gallery. I looked in your member gallery and I did not find your page. Love your beautiful page with the pops of color and the wonderful quote about good advice. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

• Mylinn
      Mylinn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much!! I did this LO first (with far less stuff) for a challenge over there. Flat didn't catch that I'd posted wrong photo there and linked wrong site here, sigh.

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      All is well! I'm glad that you posted your beautiful page in the Monthly Challenges Gallery!

Here's mine.. I won this kit a little while back. Alice by Chriscrap.

Comment

• JodyT
      JodyT commented
      Editing a comment
      I also have a kit similar to this, did not even think of using it.. *I need to think more about what I do I guess. All I thought about was what picture would work with the quotes, nothing else.. think I need to think outside the box?

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Vicki, the quote is beautifully illustrated on your adorable and delightful It's Always Tea Time page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Jody, I'd like to see your page with the kit that you have. A photo is not required with a quote.

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the beautiful colors and the perfect extractions on your adorable and delightful tea party scene and love the wonderful quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Ill be back!!

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
    Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keeps You Humble,
    Success keeps You Glowing, But Only God keeps You Going!!

Comment

• Grace
      Grace commented
      Editing a comment
      Cyndi, I hope you'll be back soon.
Working...
X