Filter Challenge: Liquify

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter Challenge: Liquify

I LOVE the filters in PSE, but I am also afraid of the filters in PSE; simply because I have never taken the time to learn them!! SO these challenges are more of a learning challenge for anyone in the same boat as me. Well, the challenge is for all, cause I want to see what everyone does with these filters. YES, I will be learning from you!!! If anyone has anything to add to help us learn these filters, PLEASE feel free to leave any post you wish here!!!!

The filter we will play with this month is one of my favorite; the LIQUIFY FILTER. Now, the only thing I have ever used with this filter is the Warp Tool. I have never even touched the other tools because I simply didn't know what they were for. So I jumped on YouTube and watched about a half dozen videos and was amazed at what you can do with this filter!! So I took this photo of the lake and mountains and just played, and had a blast!!!

Now on to the challenge. Use the LIQUIFY FILTER!!! I want you to use at least three of the tools. You can use as many as you want, but at least three. Make any layout you want. You can use the liquify filter on your photo, your papers, your elements, whatever you want. Upload to the gallery and bring your layout over to this thread and tell us what you did.

I would like to eventually go through all the filters, but can't guarantee there will be one every month. Depends on my schedule. If I can't do a month, I will let you all know, and if someone else wants to pick up the ball, they are more than welcome to!! But after having PSE 11 all these years, I have just decided its about time I learned how to use it!!!!

Here are some videos I watched on YouTube about this filter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMNh6KOZLU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgL98Rv6ng
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGQILechJQ

And here is the photo I played with:
    Now this photo is gorgeous just as it is; but I wanted movement: I wanted to see the earth move----feel vibrations!!

---so this is what I did: I wanted the clouds swirling over the mountains. I wanted to see movement in the sky. I wanted tall towering mountains. I wanted the land to fall further out into the water. I wanted to see movement in the water and I wanted the island a bit bigger. I did all this with the Warp Tool, Turbulence Tool, Twirl Clockwise and Twirl Counter Clockwise Tools, and the Bloat Tool. I also played with the Brush Size, Brush Pressure and the Turbulence JItter. I never realized how much one can do with this tool!!!

So that's it. Now off you go and show me what else I can do with this filter!!!

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...e-liquify.html
    Last edited by NancyP; 08-02-2017, 02:09 AM.

Thank you for hosting this challenge Nancy. It will be fun to see what our members come up with using the liquify tool.

Comment

I'm excited to see also, Robyn. I have wanted to start this for a long time. I honestly want to learn all the possibilities with these filters.

Comment

• Anne
        Anne commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh what a great challenge...thank you Nancy! I don't use Photoshop but I have just had a quick look at Affinity Photo and I can use the 'Liquify Persona' in that...this is going to be a lot of fun!!

Nancy, this will be a fun learning challenge for me. Love the before and after photos.
      Also, thank you for the YouTube links.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

love the liquifi filter for digital painting - thank you for the Challenge!

Comment

Generally I don't like filters for my own photos. However I show you here an example for using the liquify tool.

My Ebbie, who will be 14 next Tuesday doesn't like to sit anymore and very often her legs are not in a good position as shown on this photo.

Then I used the liquify filter for her legs.

Comment

• teddio
            teddio commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow...that's amazing!

• Rosie
            Rosie commented
            Editing a comment
            This is amazing. xx

• Sandy
            Sandy commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow! That's impressive!

Ohhh, Ursula! This is awesome! Please tell us which tool you used and if you can, how you did it??? I can see how many times this would come in handy!! THANK YOU so much!!! This is why I wanted to start the filter challenges. SO much to learn----SO much to share!!!!

Comment

• Ursula
            Ursula commented
            Editing a comment
            I shall tell it here!

• NancyP
            NancyP commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly, Ursula! That is the idea behind these filter challenges. I want everyone to add what they know or how they use each filter that i will be bringing to you in these challenges. Thank you!!!!!

I could not participate in this challenge having no Photoshop, but I would look at the magnificent pages which will not miss to come!!

Comment

• NancyP
            NancyP commented
            Editing a comment
            That's ok, Orkan. That is why we have many challenges so there is something for everyone. I know you will enjoy what everyone creates just as we so enjoy the beautiful layouts that you make.

• Digi-Scrap
            Digi-Scrap commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't feel bad, the filter will not work, I'm sure in my PSP-9 either!!

Beautifully created Nancy!! Thank you for the challenge. Off to see what Photoshop CS2 offers. I have not used this filter either, so this is a learning experience for me as well.
          Save
          Save
          Save
          Save

Comment

Nancy!!! Girl you are one amazing cookie. Here is the girl who used to let styles frighten her,and now you liquify ,and a fantastic job you did too...

Comment

Nancy is rocking it isn't she ??? ..... that is what this site does ... it gives us courage to have fun .... love this challenge

Comment

Here is my page with the liquify filter retouching of Ebbie.

I used the filer on the photo as follows:
                • Duplicated the photo
                • Made a selection of Ebbie with the lasso tool
                • Copied Ebbie on a new layer
                • Made the other layers invisible
                • On the Ebbie layer - Filter - Liquify
                • In the liquify window I zoomed Ebbie quite big so that I could work on her legs
                • Used Forward Warp Tool, Brush size 100, density 50, pressure 58
                • Started on her left leg (right side on the photo), moved the outer line very slowly inside to give it a straight direction. Then I worked on the inner line.
                • Then I did the same on the other leg.
                • If you are satisfied, click ok
                • Finally I had do some cloning, e.g. the stones on the extraction got distort, as well the paw
                Should you have some questions, I would be please to help you.

Comment

• NancyP
                  NancyP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  THANK YOU so much!! Going to find something I can try this on!!!!

Awesome! Love a challenge like this! Gonna try this out!

Comment

Fun Challenge! I used the twirl tool to straighten the dock; the bloat tool on his eyes and the shift pixel tool to add some turbulence to the water.

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...challenge.html

Comment

• nemla
                    nemla commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love this quote. And you did a super page.

• SewIowa Steph
                    SewIowa Steph commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great page Sherry. I didn't know there was a Bloat tool! I think I need to try that one out.

• Rosie
                    Rosie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Brilliant page. The effects are wonderful. xxx

Fabulous page Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                  X