No announcement yet.

Filter Challenge: Liquify

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I'd melt the ice-cream and let it drip down using the Liquify filter.

Comment

• Rosie
      Rosie commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant job with the ice cream Wendy. Fabulous LO too. xxx

• nemla
      nemla commented
      Editing a comment
      Yikes, now I have to go get tissues ,went all over my hand.... great effect Wendy.

• Poppy
      Poppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Great work Wendy.xxx

I\'ve had so much fun getting to the stage where I had a page for this challenge finished! I have used the Liquify Persona in Affinity Photo to create the Before and After images....my first attempt was hilarious as there is a glitch in the programme and it doesn\'t seem to like photos taken with my ipadAir2! I was attempting a makeover on my own face but where I was using the Pinch tool to make my eyes bigger, on the altered image it had in fact made them smaller...the Liquify brushes were working back to front.....my digital surgery was horrendous...lol
    So...I have used a photo of my friend\'s Viper which I added a filter to with Topaz Simplify (Oil painted Toned 1) and then went into Perosna Liquify to make a few changes to the shape of the car - Pinch tool to make the back wheel bigger and then holding down alt I used the pinch tool again to make the front wheel smaller.I also used the Push forward and the Push Left tools to make the other alterations. I extracted the \'pimped\' car and placed it on top of another copy of the unaltered image. A great challenge where I have learned a lot!

Comment

• NancyP
      NancyP commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh, it looks like you had so much fun with your liquify!! Can't wait to see your Halloween layout!

• Poppy
      Poppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant effects Ann.xxx

Originally posted by Anne View Post
    I've had so much fun getting to the stage where I had a page for this challenge finished! I have used the Liquify Persona in Affinity Photo to create the Before and After images....my first attempt was hilarious as there is a glitch in the programme and it doesn't seem to like photos taken with my ipadAir2! I was attempting a makeover on my own face but where I was using the Pinch tool to make my eyes bigger, on the altered image it had in fact made them smaller...the Liquify brushes were working back to front.....my digital surgery was horrendous...lol
    I've seen your screenshots in 'another place', Anne, and although the eyes weren't great it was really the nose that stood out (in more ways than one). Might be worth keeping for your next Halloween page!

Comment

• Anne
      Anne commented
      Editing a comment
      Hubby and I absolutely cracked up when we saw the first finished picture in PP ....in LP it looked pretty good...slightly bigger eyes, a slimmed down nose and chin, fuller lips and the kinked hair! I will keep the 'horror' makeover for Halloween.....it is scary....lol

OMGosh, Karen, this was fun, thank you. I used warp, bloat & pucker to make this word art in photo shop CC14.check it out here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_MADkkwoA

I forgot to post with my page....

Last edited by Lella; 08-28-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Poppy
      Poppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Stunning page.xxx

• NancyP
      NancyP commented
      Editing a comment
      Now how unique is that; to use the liquify in your title!! Love it!!

Fabulous pages ladies! I'm inspired. Thank you for telling us how and what you did. I can't wait to play.

Comment

I don't use PS so did this in Affinity Photo but, having no clue about Liquify, followed a tut for photoshop to make a caricature then played around with it some more in ArtStudio... my poor son being the guinea pig lol. It's not perfect but it was good fun and I've also learned something new so thank you Nancy.......

Comment

• Poppy
        Poppy commented
        Editing a comment
        This is brilliant, love the effects.xxx

• NancyP
        NancyP commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, this sure brought a smile to my face!! A big thank you to your son for letting you play with his face!!

• Pekarokiki
        Pekarokiki commented
        Editing a comment
        Nancy, he did NOT want to be a guinea pig lol but his words 'I'm impressed, I can't lie' so all good.
        Thank you both for your comments!

This is what I love about you all-----even though you may not have PS or PSE or the Liquify Filter, you don't give up!! You dive right in anyway and create these awesome layouts with whatever program you are using!! You have made this challenge such fun-----and showing us what can be done with whatever program you have! THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

• Rosie
        Rosie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Nancy. That was such a fun challenge and it encouraged me to look at exactly what this filter could do. xxx

Thank you Nancy for the challenge..Great Fun.....used Liquify in Paint.net

Comment

• NancyP
        NancyP commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it! Made me smile!

• Poppy
        Poppy commented
        Editing a comment
        Love those eyes Anita.xxx

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...4-liquify.html

​Thanks Nancy for the challenge... I only have craft artist 2 so I thought I would see what it could do, I had lots of fun with this and I'm quite pleased with the result.

Comment

• Alfred
        Alfred commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a very impressive result, Sue! It must have been quite difficult to achieve in CA2.

Edited to add: I see from the description in the gallery that you used pinch, punch and wave distortion. It's worked out very well.
        Last edited by Alfred; 09-10-2017, 10:56 AM.

• NancyP
        NancyP commented
        Editing a comment
        OK then!! No more wine for me! I am beginning to see buildings wave!! LOVE It!!!!

• Poppy
        Poppy commented
        Editing a comment
        Brilliant page and effects Sue.xxx

Enjoyed trying this effect in Craft Artist 2.

Comment

• NancyP
        NancyP commented
        Editing a comment
        Great use of liquify with a powerful message!

• Poppy
        Poppy commented
        Editing a comment
        Stunning effects Barb.xxx

I had another attempt at this in PS...

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...9-liquify.html

Comment

WOW, this is so cool!!! Love it!!

Comment

Working...
        X