Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February "What have I forgotten" Challenge

What have I forgotten????

Hi all, this is Lisa and I am offering a challenge to you all in February. Here is Australia the silly season is certainly over , the kids are back to school and holidays complete so lets get scrapping!
    So I, like all of you have a stash of yummy goodies we just had to have at that moment. I have to admit I have many kits/actions/styles/tutorials that I have collected and then due to being busy elsewhere have never gotten around to trying or I have used once and then promptly forgotten to use again! Naughty I know but that is just me….

So while thinking I would like to scrap a page that is a little different to what I have recently been doing I remembered a technique that I had forgotten and not used in ages. And from there I thought surely there are others out there who like me “forget” things in their stash and would they like a challenge??

My challenge to you:

Use a technique or page style or action or layer style or tutorial that you have NOT used in at least the last 4 months or have collected but NEVER used before ! It can be with a photo or a layout, whatever you want BUT you must not have used it recently. Not a new kit though, that would defeat the purpose of poking your memory to find that technique you forgot you knew or never got the opportunity to try! You can use more than one if you want BUT again what you use must not have been used in the last 4 months.

So send a search party into your stash and see what you can find, I need to go hunting myself…..I am sure I have many to choose from!
    When you have completed your challenge, post your layout in the Challenge gallery (don’t forget to check the current gallery rules) and in this forum so we can all go "I remember that!" or "how do I do that?" Please explain what it actually is that you have now remembered.

Most importantly have some fun, I can’t wait so see what you creative peeps can come up with, who knows I might find some new techniques to use! I will be back with my remembered submission soon!

Thank you for the challenge Lisa. I think the real challenge for me is to figure out what technique I have not used in the last four months. I need to put my thinking cap on.
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save

Comment

• TillM
      TillM commented
      Editing a comment
      Diane, I am sure you can find something.....

This looks interesting. Thank you for hosting Lisa!

A technique I never use is extracting. I LOVE pages with extractions, but rarely do it because I'm too lazy and also I'm not very good at it!! That will be a challenge for me.

Comment

• TillM
      TillM commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes to extract takes some time and patience and now it is mentioned I haven't used this one for a very long time!! Maybe another challenge is needed just on extractions!!

• msbrad
      msbrad commented
      Editing a comment
      I love to extract...so I cannot use that one.
      m

Hmmm! I will have to think on this one but it sounds like a lot of fun. Back later with something!

Comment

Will think on this but ... Could be extraction for me too. I do do it occasionally, but as you say its terribly time consuming, and I also am not very good with it.

Comment

Hmmm I know one that I've not used in ages but thoroughly enjoyed it....thanks for the challenge off now and to remember to do it lol

Comment

• tailz61
          tailz61 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its one that I did as a challenge here

• vicki23
          vicki23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet I know what one and i was thinking of doing that one myself..lol We think a lot alike Lesley, must be that shared day. hehe

• tailz61
          tailz61 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Vicki we are almost twins albeit a year apart lol but I reckon you could be wrong coz it's not one I've done at GDS yet...I might one day :P

Hummmmm------going to have to go to my trusty notebook full of techniques! Yep, I keep a notebook of instructions, otherwise, not only would I forget the technique, but I would also forget how to do it!!! This should be interesting!! Thanks, Lisa, for the great challenge!!
        [/URL]

Comment

• TillM
          TillM commented
          Editing a comment
          Nancy, I too have a folder of techniques....might check that now, thanks for the reminder!!

great one Lisa

Comment

Looks like I'm first! I bought this cube action last year and have only used it once. It's from PanosFX.com and is really easy to use and a lot of fun!

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...challenge.html

Comment

• TillM
            TillM commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow Sherry, I love this! Must take a look over there to see what else there is to play with! Thank you for playing along.

• NancyP
            NancyP commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW! Love this!! Wish I could conquer how to use actions. Has it gotten any easier on PSE 15???

Lisa, this will be a fun challenge.
          I bought some GraphicRiver actions in 2015 that I never used because I haven't read the tutorials or watched the videos.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

• TillM
            TillM commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe you could look at them now?? Would love to see what you bought!

Lisa, thank you for the interesting Challenge ! I have collected so many tutorials and actions and also KITs - and never used ..... I am looking for ...

Comment

• TillM
            TillM commented
            Editing a comment
            Will be great to see a them Veronica

Like Sherry, I have some actions from Panos that I've never used.

Comment

• TillM
            TillM commented
            Editing a comment
            Dig them out Robyn!

• tailz61
            tailz61 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here...I often have to go through my purchased folder to find stuff that I've not used in ages

Well, Lisa the answer to that question is that I have more things I have forgotten than I have that I remember! Love the challenge because it spurred me to do something I've been telling myself I need to do for years! Of course, I ran off with the challenge and was basing it on using a kit I've never used so I had to find a technique, action or style I could use. I ended up using a Deep Blue Glass style on the title (changed to color overlay to match the color it was originally) and like the effect it gives. I have no idea if this style is from a set or came with PS. Who knows? Thanks for the challenge and I hope I have time to do one or two more before the end of the month - or maybe I should have a personal challenge each month!

Last edited by ptabbert; 02-01-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• TillM
            TillM commented
            Editing a comment
            This is beautiful, what a proud young man! Thank you for joining the challenge I love the treatment you have given the word art!

• Evelyn
            Evelyn commented
            Editing a comment
            don't forget ... the challenges never end here ... one can do this whenever they get around to it ♥

Great challenge, Lisa! I'm thinking about some of the new things in PSE 15 that I haven't used. Or I know I have some actions from Panos I haven't used.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

• TillM
            TillM commented
            Editing a comment
            Love to see them Kim....

OK so I am back...finally!! So here is my page. I have heaps I could have used here but I used a old time favourite of mine...black & white with just a pop of colour. Definitely need the right photo but the effect can be sensational. This is my cousin in her marriage kimono before the Shinto ceremony. The Obi was the most beautiful silk brocade....just stunning!

Comment

• Glyn
            Glyn commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful layout. A great way to make the colour stand out.
        Working...
        X