February 2017 Just Art Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2017 Just Art Challenge

ALOHA!!! Guess where I've been ... yes, Hawaii ... again. Folks who know me know that I go to Hawaii at least once a year. This year, while planning our trip for September (my daughter's 40th birthday present), my husband decided he needed to go now. He was getting tired of the cloudy, cold days and all the rain we've been getting ... so I looked to see what I could find. We typically rent houses and doing this last minute isn't always easy. However, I just happened to find one on the Big Island where someone had cancelled their reservation at the last minute and I was more than happy to help out.

What's this have to do with anything??? I've been accused of chasing the sun and I will always own up to it. I even used that as a theme for one of my collections which is now retired. While scratching my head, trying to think of a challenge, I had an aha moment. How about a theme of Chasing the Sun???

Your challenge this month is to create a page with the theme Chasing the Sun. I've gone thru my retired collection and created a sampler for you to download (see the registered members area) however, you don't have to use it. I also want to say, you can also chase the sun in cold regions as well as tropical, so there's a lot you can do with this theme.

Here's the layout I created using a photo taken while we were on Maui a couple of years back.

When you're done, please be sure to post your works of art in the CHALLENGE GALLERY and post them in this thread with a link back to your page in the gallery. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

HUGS!!!
    Last edited by jilbert; 02-04-2017, 10:51 PM.

I am soooo jealous!

Comment

Welcome back Jill and thanks for hosting this challenge.
      Save

Comment

it is so funny you popped up today ... just this morning I decided to track you down and make sure you were OK cuz I haven't seen much activity from you ... hello Jill

Comment

• jilbert
          jilbert commented
          Editing a comment
          I seem to remember you doing that once before ... LOL!!! I'm alive ... just still on Hawaiian time ...

welcome back...hope you had a fab time...Hawaii...one can dream lol

Comment

• jilbert
          jilbert commented
          Editing a comment
          Living on the west coast makes it easy to hope over to Hawaii ... the flight time is slightly less than when we go back to Virginia to visit my son ... the only problem is decided which one to do ... jk

Jill, welcome back. Thank you for the beautiful Chasing the Sun sampler and for the fun challenge.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the challenge Jill and for the sampler. And yes, I am jalous too, Hawaii is so far away.

Comment

..."chasing the sun"...this will be a wonderful challenge - thank you so much!

Comment

Mahalo Jill! I love a chance to scrapbook Hawaii. We have heaps of sun in Queensland but I'm a bit tired of the heat here this summer. Thanks for the sampler too.

Comment

• jilbert
                jilbert commented
                Editing a comment
                GORGEOUS!!! I find it SO hard to imagine someone getting tired of the sun ... LOL!!!

Originally posted by Evelyn View Post
              it is so funny you popped up today ... just this morning I decided to track you down and make sure you were OK cuz I haven't seen much activity from you ... hello Jill
              Same here, Evelyn!! I even went to Robyn to see if she had any news on Jill. I was chewing fingernails with worry. I knew she had gone to Hawaii, but totally forgot!! HAY JILL-----Do you know that you are LOVED????????

And I am going to go back through the archives and find that kit. I sure had fun with you on that one!! (If that's the one you are talking about!!)
              [/URL]

Comment

• jilbert
                jilbert commented
                Editing a comment
                oh yeah ... it's the one that you said I needed to make a lei for ... you can be so bossy sometimes ... LOL!!! Just kidding ...

• jilbert
                jilbert commented
                Editing a comment
                btw -- if anyone is interested in purchasing the kit, pieces, or the entire collection (I've had a couple of requests), I've uploaded it to my personal store under Blast from the Past -- https://goo.gl/0iSDLo. Since it's a retired collection, I put it at 75% off.

• NancyP
                NancyP commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't miss this one gals!! It is a beauty!!! Especially the lei !!! hee hee hee

Aloha, Jill, welcome back! Great challenge!

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

I haven't had a chance to peek at the kit yet but I too am a sun chaser ., unfortunately it keeps eluding me through the snow .. thank you Jill

Comment

• jilbert
                  jilbert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that darn snow ... LOL!!! This winter is definitely not a drought one ... and if we were any other state, we'd be "out of the drought" ... however, California will always be in a drought despite the amount of rain ... just not a "severe" drought.

Always a lot of sun in the Caribbean, although our last two vacations saw some rain - unusual for winter

Janice - Mac with PSE11

cats4jan's Just Art Gallery

Comment

• jilbert
                  jilbert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We always seem to get some rain ... but it never really last very long ... except one time when we went in November. But, tropical climates do have their winters too. These are STUNNING photos.

Here is mine:

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...challenge.html

Comment

• jilbert
                  jilbert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LOVE how you wrapped that wave around your photo!!!

• lindar
                  lindar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love what you have done with the wave. I tried and tried to use the wave. It is so cute.

Thanks for the challenge... I used 2 of your papers (masked) and a bunch of your elements. I also used pieces of 9 other kits.
                http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...lenge-feb.html
                Norma

Comment

• jilbert
                  jilbert commented
                  Editing a comment
                  GORGEOUS!!! I love to blend collections and you did a fantastic job of it!!!

• sigrid
                  sigrid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yorkiemom, very good work
              Working...
              X