Texture Challenge - June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture Challenge - June

I like textures - whether it is in papers, graffiti, accents or elements. You know those things that catch your eye and make you want to touch them - whether they are rough or smooth. Examples - rocks and stones, water running in a river or creek, wood in fence or background, bricks in a wall, leaves piled on the ground or in the air, woven baskets, sand on the shore, metal objects.. I am sure you can come up with even more textures.

For this challenge, use at least 3 different textures in your layout. You may add as many as you want as long there are at least 3 different ones.
    It makes it more interesting if they are of different sizes, shapes and colors.

Here is my layout

Textures: leaves in background paper, stone in photo mat paper, wood in gate, barrels, crates, wooden wall + stone wall in photo and metal in Lincoln statue and the lantern.
    I used colors from the masked photo to select the papers and elements for the page.

I look forward to seeing your layouts. Put them in the Monthly Challenge gallery, then come back and post them here.

this is so cool .... love all the texture

Comment

wonderful idea- thank you for the Challenge!

Comment

What a fabulous challenge! Thank you for hosting Kay.
        Save

Comment

Kay, the texture challenge will be fun!

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

This looks interesting, thank you!

Comment

I love textures they ad so much interest to a page! I will be back with a page for sure!

Comment

I used wood, stone, metal and the beautiful texture of the lizard...

Comment

• BrightEyes
                  BrightEyes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, Heidi... you nailed this one! Fabulous nature layout! Love it all. Glad you joined the challenge.

• Glyn
                  Glyn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love this. Everything looks so real.

I used wood, sea foam, sea glass, shells, sand ... thank you for the great challenge

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...challenge.html

Comment

• BrightEyes
                  BrightEyes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Debby, I love this LO with the rough sea, the sand, shell, fence, and sea-grass... lot of texture in it. Love the quote, too. So glad you joined in the challenge.

• Glyn
                  Glyn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lovely layout. Great texturing.

Looks like fun!!

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
                Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keeps You Humble,
                Success keeps You Glowing, But Only God keeps You Going!!

Comment

Here is my try. I used filters, brushes and cant even recall all I did over a couple of days.. I blended in a photo into the background and used it again in the boxes. Loved doing this.. thanks for a great challenge.

Comment

• Glyn
                    Glyn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love the way your photos go in different directions but the picture remains straight.

• BrightEyes
                    BrightEyes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love the textures in the background papers. Great stacked frames for the photo! Like how you tucked in the small blended photo in the lower corner. Yes...the views from the Eiffel Tower are fabulous - I remember them so well!

• JodyT
                    JodyT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL I just realised I put the wrong year on this.. must fix that.

Thank you for the challenge Kay.

Comment

• BrightEyes
                    BrightEyes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love the curved title with the ray effect around that beautiful photo. Great font! So glad you joined the challenge.

Sorry for my bad english!

Comment

• BrightEyes
                    BrightEyes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow... look at all the different textures in this one! Great blending and masking. So glad you joined the challenge.

Here's mine, I used 4 textures of Jopke Designs products

Dady (Geraldine)

Comment

You did a great job adding textures to this LO... Like the sketch effect on the man and dog - great masking and blending on them. Thanks for joining the challenge.

Comment

Working...
                    X