Filter Challege Nov. Graphic Novel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter Challege Nov. Graphic Novel

OK EVERYONE!! HEADS UP!!! My challenges are NOT confined to Photoshop Elements. You may use ANY program you have, and even if it doesn't exactly look like the filter I am using for the challenge---that's OK!!!!! PLEASE do not walk away because you feel you can't do the challenge because you don't have PSE. Show us what you can do with the programs you have. We all learn from what we share!!!! My challenges are just that-----to challenge you to think outside the box!!! Who knows, you just may discover something in your program that you didn't realize was there. HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!!!!!

OK, time to get back to our Filter Challenges!! First of all, let me explain that I am learning right along with all of you!! I had no idea there were so many filters and all the things you can do with them. I have had a ball watching YouTube and learning so much about filters. It was hard to choose one for this month, but I went with one I never even knew was there and it is the GRAPHIC NOVEL filter which, those of you with PSE 11 or higher will find under SKETCH in the list of filters.
    Since it would take too long to explain this filter, the best thing to do is go to this YouTube video and watch it. It is quite interesting!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvnoTs8bMi8

I hope those of you who use something other than PSE will be able to come up with an idea. I'll bet as you watch the video you will be saying "OH, I have something that will do that!!!!"

Oh, and he has a lot more tips in the video besides the filter. If you don't want to watch the part about fixing his cat's eyes, just skip ahead to around 5.0. He also talks about layer masks which has always been a hang up for me so I found it quite interesting. If you want to get right to the filter, move the bar up to around 8.20.

SO----here is my original photo:

And here is my layout with the GRAPHIC NOVEL added along with some Blending Modes. As usual------HAVE FUN!!!

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...el-layout.html
    Last edited by NancyP; 11-02-2017, 03:31 PM.

wow! We'll see if I can follow along in PS CS3

Comment

• NancyP
      NancyP commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have anything in your program that looks like a sketch? That's what this Graphic Novel looks like.

• suslyn
      suslyn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx. I went through them but will try again when I have time to slow down and think more!

• Sue C
      Sue C commented
      Editing a comment
      Sus Lyn ... spell check wanted to change your name to muslin lol .... your photoshop should have something there .... try this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_caA_-aWlGA

Another great challenge from you Nancy! Thank you for hosting.

Comment

dommage, je n'ai pas ce logiciel de dessin

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/u1191-orkan.html

Comment

• NancyP
        NancyP commented
        Editing a comment
        Orkan, utilisez ce que vous avez qui semble proche de ce. Rappelez-vous, ces défis sont pour le plaisir. Il n'y a pas de règles ! ! ! HUGS ! !

Just some more info for you, especially those of you who do not use Photoshop Elements. For those of you who do not use PSE, this is what the Graphic Novel Filter looks like. There are four PreSets, and I named each one. Actually, to me, they almost all look alike. This is before I added color back into mine, which he will show in the video.

You do NOT have to add the color back in to your photo if you wish not to. To me, it looks like a sketch. The object is to get use to and use the Graphic Novel Filter. Once you have applied it to your photo, the rest is up to you. Use any of the blending modes you wish, or do whatever else tweaks your interest!! So for those of you who use other programs, see what you can come up with that looks like any of the PreSets in Graphic Novel. Hope that helps.

Comment

Nancy, thank you for the fun filter challenge this month.

My Just Art Gallery

Comment

Nancy, sorry I can't participate. Photoshop CS6 does not have this filter and I don't see anything similar.

Comment

• A-M
            A-M commented
            Editing a comment
            Ursula, please read my message below.

• NancyP
            NancyP commented
            Editing a comment
            ----And also read the comment I added to my first post!!! If you can't find something that looks like Graphic Novel in PSE, then share something from your CS6 program and tell us how you did it!!!! I wish I could get across how I LOVE seeing all your creations using different programs!! I really do!!!!!

Originally posted by suslyn View Post
          wow! We'll see if I can follow along in PS CS3
          I have CS6 and it does not have this filter. It only has Graphic Pen but I found this fun tutorial which I might play around with for this challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjONnjIWs9Y

My Gallery HERE at Just Art
          My Blogs: A-M Designs; A-Ms Scripture Challenges A-Ms Digital Scrapbooking

Comment

• NancyP
            NancyP commented
            Editing a comment
            Anne-Marie, I watched the video, ABSOLUTELY go ahead and give us something using this!! This is what I am trying to get across to everyone. No, we all don't have PSE and the PSE filters, but try to find something within the program you use and share it with us. This is a learning curve or all of us and I LOVE to see the ideas that others that don't use PSE come up with. HUGS!!!

Thank you Nancy for the Challenge....I haven"t got the Graphic Novel in Photoshop Elements 8 but graphic pen but found a similar curly sketchy looking effect in Topaz and blends..hope ok xxxxxx
          Last edited by Anita; 11-02-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• NancyP
            NancyP commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Anita, of course it's ok!!! Read the comment I just left Anne-Marie and the comment I added to my first post . Look at what you did without PSE Graphic Novel. I LOVE IT and it looks almost like Graphic Novel. You have shown us what you can do with other programs!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
            Last edited by NancyP; 11-02-2017, 03:36 PM.

• Poppy
            Poppy commented
            Editing a comment
            Gorgeous effects,love this Anita.xxx

• lieblingsomma
            lieblingsomma commented
            Editing a comment
            großartig die Katze schaut so süß klasse wie du den Filter angewandt hast

There's always something you can use for a sketch filter I think .... as Nancy says ... out of the box ... it doesn't have to be an actual filter ... how we are spoiled with our new toys .... whichever software you have including PSP .. do a google search for sketch or sketch filter etc and you should come up with a tutorial there

Comment

Thank you Nancy I enjoyed learning this one.xxx

http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.c...-its-cold.html

Comment

• NancyP
              NancyP commented
              Editing a comment
              Fabulous layout! Love how you showed the difference.

Well this one had me challenged Nancy. In the end I used a number of different filters in PhotoPlus to get a sketch effect. I hope it is OK. I tried to get as close to your examples as possible. Thank you for the challenge. xxxx

Comment

• Poppy
              Poppy commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant effects Rosie, love what you created.xxxxx

• NancyP
              NancyP commented
              Editing a comment
              Rosie, this is wonderful!! I SOOOO LOVE seeing what you all create with your programs based on what I show in PSE!!! It's exciting!!!!

I had to try this challenge, so here is my attempt. The Picture was mine, with Filter Forge used to apply it, then the page done in Craft Artist.

Comment

• Poppy
              Poppy commented
              Editing a comment
              Gorgeous effects David,love this.xxx

• NancyP
              NancyP commented
              Editing a comment
              WOW, love what you did with your photo!!

Thanks for the challenge Nancy I used the filter in ps 11
            Last edited by Jean-G; 11-04-2017, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Poppy
              Poppy commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful effects Jean.xxx

• NancyP
              NancyP commented
              Editing a comment
              Fabulous job with the filter!!

• lieblingsomma
              lieblingsomma commented
              Editing a comment
              ich finde das Ergebnis ganz toll

Never used that filter before.

Comment

• Poppy
              Poppy commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautifully created Wendy.xxx

• NancyP
              NancyP commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I am glad you tried it, Wendy! You did a fabulous job!!

• orkan
              orkan commented
              Editing a comment
              wouahhh c'est trop beau ! ces petites perruches, j'adores
          Working...
          X