No announcement yet.

Creating a Vignette - Using a Shape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great tip Ona! I'm definitely going to have to try this out!

Comment

Okay, here are some revised steps for cinnabar6 who PM'd me with the following message:

"I have been looking for months on the internet trying to find information on how to make a vignette using a custom shape in Photoshop and finally found your article. I was using an "action" that was built for Elements and now that I am in Photoshop, I am kind of at a loss and need to learn how to do it without the action. I have a shape and need to know where to go from there. My question is, when you go to "Rasterize" on instruction #5, there are a few choices that drop down. There is "Shape," "Fill Content," "Layer," "All Layers." Can you tell me which to pick? Thank you for your help. I may have more questions if that is ok."

I went through this tut with another layout, below you will see the original and the after. I like the darker highlights around the edge of the page on the After image.

In Photoshop you use Rasterize instead of Simplified and you click the Shape option:

Instead of using Refine Edges you can use the Modify options and then select Feather and I bumped mine up to 25 pixels which took out all the sharp edges as can be seen in the last image below:

and then carry on with the tutorial in the first post.

Hope that answers your question cinnabar6 and let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Ona, you are a special person ... still helping out on this tut

Comment

• wombat146
          wombat146 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh thank you Evelyn, you are too sweet! xx Time is my worst enemy but when I do have some extra minutes I don't mind helping other people.

Ona you rock!!! Thank You...I haven't a castle but I'll find something to zap and upload.

Comment

Great tutorial thank you. I use a different programme but will play around and try and replicate!

Comment

Working...
          X