June stenciling challenge printscreens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June stenciling challenge printscreens

I made some printscreens for my June stenciling challenge to explain the process a bit better:

I started with a relative solid paper/background

Than I added some brushes and overlays to make sort of a " cloud" in the bottom left corner.
    As you can see, I put them all on separate layers so I can still move them around, recolor, or delete when I'm not happy about the result.

When I'm happy with the result, I add a big word on a new layer (I rasterized the layer, because I'm adding a stroke later)

Than I rasterized all the layers with the brushes and overlays and selected my word " Remenisce" (the marching ants)
    After that I selected all the layers with the brushes individually and hit " delete".

Than make the layer with the word invisible using the little eye.
    I wasn't really happy with the result, because the word didn't stand out enough, so I added a little stroke of 5 pixels in white.
    Make sure your " stroke" is on a separate layer and not on the layer with the word.

I finished the layout with a photo, stacked frames and several elements

I hope it's all clear but if you have any questions PLEASE let me know, I'll be happy to help!

Sonja
    Last edited by SonjaS; 07-18-2017, 04:07 AM.

Awesome!!! I have been playing and already see what I have been doing wrong! OH NO!!! There's THAT word again-----RASTERIZE!!! What in the world does that word mean???? It even sounds scary to say it!!!!!
    Watch out, I am going to RASTERIZE you to itty bitty pieces!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NancyP; 06-03-2017, 10:19 AM.
    [/URL]

Comment

• NancyP
      NancyP commented
      Editing a comment
      I first heard that word about 10 years ago when someone was trying to explain what digi scrapping was to me-----yeah, right!! I thought he was talking about some disease!!!!! Like when he told me he was going to use a brush on his layout. I thought "why would someone put a hairbrush on their layout????"

• Diane's Art
      Diane's Art commented
      Editing a comment
      Nancy you're a hoot!! I just about spit out my drink of water while I was reading this.

• Evelyn
      Evelyn commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you Kay ... I couldn't find rasterize anywhere

Thank you so much. Thank you for the great tutorial. I work in PSE 12. I have to try again later.
    http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/m10-jirsev.html

Comment

• SonjaS
      SonjaS commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome! This tutorial works just fine in PSE12. I used it myself too. Just remember to use SIMPLIFY instead of RASTERIZE at the end.

• jirsev
      jirsev commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried this procedure. Unfortunately I don't speak good English. My program is in the Czech language. Translate is wrong. I don't know what to do. I'm sitting at the computer for 2 hours. I'm going to prefer coffee.

Thank you for the tutorial Sonja.
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Save

Comment

• SonjaS
      SonjaS commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome, Diane!

thanks Sonja for doing this ... my mind is already saying ... REALLY

Comment

Eureka! I've discovered how to Photoshop Elements! Here my sample. Is this correct?
      https://servimg.com/view/18871872/1746

Last edited by jirsev; 06-16-2017, 04:08 PM.
      http://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/m10-jirsev.html

Comment

• SonjaS
        SonjaS commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm so glad you figured it out, Jirsev!
    Working...
    X