• Do you want to give some POP to your page?   You can achieve this with the use of filters!

Check out the fabulous NEW POP-UP CHALLENGE from Kay (BrightEyes).  

16. Pop-up Challenge - Cut It Out

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Here a quick challenge for the last week of the month.

The idea is to select the photo/s or image/s you want to feature and then cover them up with paper/s. Cut out some sort of hole/s to reveal the chosen photos and perhaps also other papers underneath the top paper, and make sure you put a shadow on the cut out papers to give an impression of depth and 'looking through' the layer/s.

This example is one of the very few original images that I left in my gallery when I cleaned it out. I did it many years back, but I've always loved it. I would probably make the shadows a little deeper if I did it again, but I no longer have the psd file for it. The dog featured is my beautiful old Oliver who crossed to the rainbow bridge about 10 years ago.

Please upload your pages to the Members' Galleries and then select Pop-up Challenges as an additional gallery. See HERE if you are unsure how to do that.

I look forward to seeing your creative pages.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host
Robyn, fabulous Our Beautiful Boy page. Cut-It-Out will be a fun challenge.

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host

A bit of a challenge for me.....will have to work on my skills for templates! BUT, I did enjoy the challenge very much, Robyn!

DeLoris

Here a quick challenge for the last week of the month.

The idea is to select the photo/s or image/s you want to feature and then cover them up with paper/s. Cut out some sort of hole/s to reveal the chosen photos and perhaps also other papers underneath the top paper, and make sure you put a shadow on the cut out papers to give an impression of depth and 'looking through' the layer/s.

This example is one of the very few original images that I left in my gallery when I cleaned it out. I did it many years back, but I've always loved it. I would probably make the shadows a little deeper if I did it again, but I no longer have the psd file for it. The dog featured is my beautiful old Oliver who crossed to the rainbow bridge about 10 years ago.

Please upload your pages to the Members' Galleries and then select Pop-up Challenges as an additional gallery. See HERE if you are unsure how to do that.

I look forward to seeing your creative pages.
This is a lovely remembrance page.. I have my Petey (a Pomeranian on the rainbow bridge too).

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Well I actually did a new page for this challenge!! I can't remember the last time that I've created a page, but it must be well over 12 months I think.

I just wanted to mention that a good way to do this technique is to use layer masks. For the round holes on this page I used a mask. If they weren't in the place I wanted them I just brushed them over with a black brush and had another go with a round white brush. Using a mask you can play around with the positioning of the various cut-outs. It takes the guess work out of making the cut-outs.

DeLoris

Well I actually did a new page for this challenge!! I can't remember the last time that I've created a page, but it must be well over 12 months I think.

I just wanted to mention that a good way to do this technique is to use layer masks. For the round holes on this page I used a mask. If they weren't in the place I wanted them I just brushed them over with a black brush and had another go with a round white brush. Using a mask you can play around with the positioning of the various cut-outs. It takes the guess work out of making the cut-outs.

Awww - this is sooo pretty!