CHALLENGES ABC Fandango

Everything Erica

ABC Fandango - September
September letters are H R Y

ABC Fandango Challenge is a challenge that - Uses Your Old Stash Only:-
The Challenge runs for all of September.

At the beginning of each month a group of three random letters of the alphabet will be chosen and using only old products that you already have in your stash, beginning with one of the letters above to create a layout (you may combine coordinating kits as long as they begin with the same letter prompt). For example; say you have a kit called “Happy Days” and also have a kit called “Having A Party” you can use both kits to create your layout if you want to.

You can choose to use only one letter prompt this month or try all three, the same 'rules' apply to each letter prompt. You can't combine all three letters into one layout.
These letter prompts will change at the beginning of each month and may not follow consecutively through the alphabet.

Some really simple rules.
NO Recolouring of items in the kit used.
NO Templates or Quick Pages to be used.
MUST be a NEW LO and not old ones already in the gallery somewhere.
You may use Masks, WA and Alphas from your stash, these items don't need to have the same letter.
Post your LO in the Members gallery, and then link to the ABC Fandango forum. Also note the kit/s you used with the same letter in your upload comments with the designers name if you have it.

That’s it for part one.

Part two
– Totally optional: Double Take

Using exactly the same kit/s you used in part one, choose a layout from any members gallery that you admire and using the same kit/s you used to create your part one layout, create a “Scraplift” layout of your admired pick of members layouts.

Again some really simple rules.
NO Recolouring of items in the kit used.
NO Templates or Quick Pages to be used.
You Must acknowledge the person and page title of the original layout you re-created and place a link to their page for this part two when linking to the ABC forum.
That’s it for part two.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Challenge Host - December
Another great challenge! Thank you Erica. 💚

Everything Erica

Thanks for hosting, had to search for this kit with the letter H.

Wonderful photos Jody. All the times I've visited Bath and I've never been there :( I'm enjoying all your travel photos and more traditional layouts that include personal photos, sadly I've got out the habit of creating them lately. I love the buttons that anchor those photos and the layering depth you've created. Thank you for joining ABC Fandango.
:-62

Everything Erica

Thanks for a great challenge Erica, here is my page
Love, love those shoes the pretty lady image has Wonderful page Karen, that colourful, blended background and all the floral pieces make this a gorgeously bright and happy page. Congratulations on GSO so well deserved. Thank you for joining ABC Fandango. :-62

Kakleidesigns

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - December

Everything Erica

For my second part, I choose to scraplift this page:
@Ria-Nostalgia
and here is mine using the same kit:
Karen this is a beautiful scraplift of Ria's page. Love the soft blending and the gorgeous floral clusters. Super quote too. Thank you for playing ABC Fandango
:-62

Everything Erica

Super layering, love the word art, especially the flowing text at the bottom, the layered and stapled bits and pieces and flower clusters. The photo in wonderful, can't quite make out where it is as the text is a bit small for my old eyes :) Thank you for playing ABC Fandango. :-62

Bubby

Thank you for the fun challenge. Everything used is from Remember - Cindy Ritter - Photos - and story - mine - Fonts - Adoria Demo - Futura Condensed
Sorry I didn't stopped to think about including the text in the credits. The little boy running away from School was my Husband, when I was told this story I couldn't stop laughing, but knowing my Husband I can just picture how his mind was working.
Kefford decided early on, in life that School was not for him, so in his
infinite wisdom at the time, he decided he was going to run away from School.
Mind you this was Grade One, and apparently they had to sit on the floor,
arms folded and listen to something on the radio. Well he decided this was
not for him, so he hatched a plan to excuse himself to go to the toilet.
Off he would go and head off for home. His Mum wondered what on earth he was doing home
from School so early, considering it was 9.30 in the morning. He was doing so well
at this or so he thought till the Teacher woke up to him and caught him on his way out of the grounds. Not that being caught was going to stop him, one day he succeeded in getting past the Teacher and was so proud of himself,
until he spots his Dad’s car sitting down the road. Oops! it is all over on the spot.
Now his Dad had already worked out a plan with a friend of his, who just happened to be the local Policeman.
So off to the Police Station he took his young wayward son. The discussion was the kid has been running away from School what should we do.
The Policeman replied. well if he insists on running away from School, the best thing to do is throw him in goal, that should solve the problem. Of course by this time young Kefford was quite frightened by now. The moral of this story, was Kefford never did run away from School again.

ABC FANDANGO USING THE LETTER R - INNOCENT OR NOT.jpg

Last edited:

Everything Erica

Thank you for the fun challenge. Everything used is from Remember - Cindy Ritter - Photos - and story - mine - Fonts - Adoria Demo - Futura Condensed
Sorry I didn't stopped to think about including the text in the credits. The little boy running away from School was my Husband, when I was told this story I couldn't stop laughing, but knowing my Husband I can just picture how his mind was working.
Kefford decided early on, in life that School was not for him, so in his
infinite wisdom at the time, he decided he was going to run away from School.
Mind you this was Grade One, and apparently they had to sit on the floor,
arms folded and listen to something on the radio. Well he decided this was
not for him, so he hatched a plan to excuse himself to go to the toilet.
Off he would go and head off for home. His Mum wondered what on earth he was doing home
from School so early, considering it was 9.30 in the morning. He was doing so well
at this or so he thought till the Teacher woke up to him and caught him on his way out of the grounds. Not that being caught was going to stop him, one day he succeeded in getting past the Teacher and was so proud of himself,
until he spots his Dad’s car sitting down the road. Oops! it is all over on the spot.
Now his Dad had already worked out a plan with a friend of his, who just happened to be the local Policeman.
So off to the Police Station he took his young wayward son. The discussion was the kid has been running away from School what should we do.
The Policeman replied. well if he insists on running away from School, the best thing to do is throw him in goal, that should solve the problem. Of course by this time young Kefford was quite frightened by now. The moral of this story, was Kefford never did run away from School again.

View attachment 216881
I love the story about your husband as a young boy, what a lesson he learnt about running away from school. Fabulous journaling Bubby, and the photos of him are gorgeous, looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, so angelic :LOL: Great page design, love the side border with all the different tabs and angled photos. Thank you for playing ABC Fandango :-62