Ad Inspiration

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Ever looked at an ad and thought that's a great design, or I love the colours, or what an appealing ad?

The aim of this challenge is to find an ad and create a page using that ad as inspiration. It may be the actual design, it may be the colours...........but whatever, use it to inspire you.

I found the hardest part of this was searching the internet for a suitable ad. It's up to you to find your own ad or alternatively I've put together a package of 26 ads that you can download HERE. You may nor may not find them helpful. If you find a really good ad, feel free to share with other members who may also like to use it.

For the page below I used this ad. I liked the way the shapes and colours intersected.

My page............

Let's see what you can come up with! Don't forget to post your page (along with the ad that you used as your inspiration) here in this thread.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Robyn, fabulous idea for the Ad Inspiration challenge. Thank you for the advertising ideas.

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
Ad challenges are one of my absolute favorite challenges!! I just did one at another site and loved the way it came out. Looking forward to this challenge!

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - October
Your page is beautiful, Robyn!

I'll have to think some on this one, but it will be fun!

Glori2

Premier Senior Member
Ah ha, now I know where your "template" came from in your LO! Wonderful LO, BTW, too!! :)

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Another great challenge .. I can see I'm going to be busy this month lol ... thanks for doing the search work for us Robyn ...

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
I realized it's difficult to do this - it's like designing a template first, then making your layout
However, this may turn out to be one of my favorite challenge idea

Last edited:

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
I used the ad with the basketball player as my inspiration.

Last edited:

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Excellent page Sherry.........I'd love to see the original ad.

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
I really like the composition and palette used. Great ad choice.

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
That looks like you had a fun time playing with the liquify tool. Well done.