• Members' end of year kit.  Please VOTE HERE for the colour and name of your choice.  Voting closes on November 28th.

Angel Policy?

KarenB

Can anyone help? I am designing some logos for my son's wildlife photography website. He wants to sell t-shirts with them on. I've used some stamps and font. I know all of the digital images are copyrighted, but not sure if you can make to sell? Would really appreciate some guidance :)

BrightEyes

Esteemed Senior Member
My understanding is that you would need to purchase a commercial license. Most products that could be used will be labeled and sold as CU (Commercial Use) product. Also you would need to read the Terms of Use from the designer as it may vary. The safe way is to contact the designer of the stamps/brushes/product you want to use and get written permission to use their product.
As another note: products labeled as PU are for Personnel Use only.

KarenB

My understanding is that you would need to purchase a commercial license. Most products that could be used will be labeled and sold as CU (Commercial Use) product. Also you would need to read the Terms of Use from the designer as it may vary. The safe way is to contact the designer of the stamps/brushes/product you want to use and get written permission to use their product.
As another note: products labeled as PU are for Personnel Use only.
Thank you for answering. My dilemma is that I only used punches - which are a tool rather than an actual image. No materials. Just the punch tool and the shape tool. Do you think the same rules apply?

Anne

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
Hi Karen
I'm thinking that as you have asked this question in the 'DaisyTrailers' forum you must be referring to the tools in CraftAritist? If that is the case I would suggest that you ask the question in the Serif Community :)

KarenB

Hi Karen
I'm thinking that as you have asked this question in the 'DaisyTrailers' forum you must be referring to the tools in CraftAritist? If that is the case I would suggest that you ask the question in the Serif Community :)
Thank you Anne. That's brilliant. I'm off there now :-f

A-M

Challenge Host - November
@KarenB You will also need to check the font you are using as that also needs to be for Commercial Use unless it is one inbuilt in your software.