Any Advice/tips or heads-up for me using an iPad?

Rose Thorn

I have been working with computers since the early 1980s (professionally I was a Systems Analyst and sometime programmer, etc.) but I have always used devices that ran on Microsoft Operating Systems & later, Samsung devices. Never anything by Apple; however I've just been awarded a prize of an iPad and I've honestly am at a loss of what to do with it.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I use my for a whole lot of things like reading the paper in the am, checking stuff online, etc., etc. but I don't use it for scrapping or photoshop.

I'm loving it! It's a bit of a learning curve for me but so far, so good. I've been able to, successfully do some things that caused my PC to crash :-32.

I've purchased Procreate and an Apple Pen & will be busy trying to learn the program for the next few...?? days/weeks. :-l

• Love
Reactions: Ev
My advice would be force yourself to learn it. I have Affinity suite on my iPad BUT I also have it on my laptop and the interfaces are slightly different. Being impatient I always jump straight onto the laptop which is more familiar instead of forcing myself to learn the iPad interface.

I'm loving it! It's a bit of a learning curve for me but so far, so good. I've been able to, successfully do some things that caused my PC to crash :-32.

I've purchased Procreate and an Apple Pen & will be busy trying to learn the program for the next few...?? days/weeks. :-l
How wonderful, Rose ... you go! :-1

I use Procreate to draw and paint. I watched several you tube videos to learn to use it. I have made several scrap pages using it as well. Quite easy once you’ve learnt the basics. I follow Genevieve, tatyworks and Art with Flo. All have very good tutorials on you tube.
Affinity is very similar to Craft Artist so if you used that it’s quite easy to learn, again there are loads of video tutorials on you tube to watch.

unless you have the largest size one , i cant imagine scrapping on it. I have a 5 yr old ipad ( think it is 8 or 9 inch one) and love it.

Back