NEWS Apologies for Absence

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Challenge Host - September
Sorry I have not been around. A few weeks ago, Becky was diagnosed with Lupus. The doctor also felt what he thought was a lump on her pancreas. Last week she had a scan and then we had to wait to see what it revealed. It turns out that her pancreas was clear but she had two tumors; one on her liver and one on her gall bladder. These are benign and the result of Lupus attacking her organs. They will have to be monitored in case they turn malignant. The disease has also attacked her knee joints resulting in chronic arthritis. As soon as she can get an appointment, she will be starting on targeted immunosuppresents to help control the condition. On top of all this, Stewart has developed some nasty blisters on his stump which makes it very painful for him to get around. I am having to do more around the house and have very little time for much else. I do hope you understand that I will be unable to do a mini kit challenge for September at this time. If things ease up, I may be able to get something done later in the month.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
2022 Project 52 Challenge Host
Rosie, I've missed you and I'm so sorry to hear the news about Becky and your husband. You're under so much stress in addition to your own health problems that it's important that you take care of yourself first so that you can help Becky and Stewart. I hope that there is help available to you. Thinking of you and your family and sending you positive thoughts...

nemla

love a challenging challenge
JA09I am so sorry for everything you and yours are going through,it has been a tough few years , I can't even imagine the stress.
I hope that everything sorts it self out somehow,and you all get the treatment and help that you need.
In my thoughts.... :-62

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
It´s unbelievable what you have to go through, Rosie and you still keep your
head up. I admire you for that and at the same time I feel so sorry that Becky
and your husband are in such bad health.
You are still in my daily prayers !JA7

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Becky has been on my mind for a couple of weeks but I thought no news was good news ... seems I'm wrong about that, too. I can't even imagine what the 3 of you are feeling and sure wish I could do something. You know we don't care about your challenges, we want you to take care of yourself and those 2 ... ♥

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Rosie, you have so much going on at the moment and you and your family are very much in my thoughts. Of course you won't be doing any challenges here, I think that would be the last thing you need right now. The important thing is, look after yourself and your family and know that we will always be here for you.

Escara

Oh Rosie, it makes me sad to read this. I feel so sorry for you and your family! You are in my thaughts. Please Rosie, take care of yourself :-a

Jody

The Wanderer.
Rosie just take care of your self and your family. thats the important stuff.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Rosie, bad news that Stewart's leg is still infected and that Becky is not getting treatment because she is not insured. All of this is so worrisome and stressful for you and your MS. Thinking of you and your family and hoping that you get some help and sending you positive thoughts and big hugs...

Kythe

Esteemed Senior Member
Oh my word what a lot of stress. I am sending lots of hugs and well wishes for you all.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
So sorry you are going through this Rosie, sending lot's of hugs. xx

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
So sorry to read this Rosie and can only hope things have improved for you all. Sending hugs JA7

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
Thank you for all the kind messages. Becky's situation is much the same. We are still trying to find a doctor to treat her without insurance. Stewart's leg is healing slowly. The doctor's assumed he had a bacterial infection and gave him lots and lots of antibiotics. They continued to do this even though the swabs and blood tests did not back this up. I was not happy with this. Surprise, surprise, he now has a fungal infection. Hopefully anti fungals will solve this.

Needless to say, I am exhausted but hope to get a new kit out soon. It's one I had completed before this all blew up.