April Quote Challenge Lewis Carroll

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by his pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English writer, mathematician, logican, Angilican deacon, and photographer. His most famous writings are Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking Glass. (Wikipedia)

This month’s theme challenge is Alice in Wonderland. You may use a quote by Lewis Carroll or be inspired by the Disneyland ride or by one of the Alice movies or lyrics from the Alice in Wonderland movies.

For a Plot Overview of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, see Spark Notes
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/alice/summary.html

For a Character List of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, see Spark Notes
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/alice/characters.html

Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/alice-in-wonderland/

Alice in Wonderland Full Ride-Through at Disneyland w/Updated Projections, Fantasyland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFnVp5XSzk

Alice in Wonderland (195l) animated movie
Alice in Wonderland (2010) movie
Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) movie

Here are some quotes by Lewis Carroll:

I can’t go back to yesterday—because I was a different person then.

Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Speak in French when you can’t think of the English for a thing—turn your toes out when you walk—And remember who you are?

Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Everything is funny, if you can laugh at it.

I knew who I was this morning, but I’ve changed a few times since then.

It’s always tea time.

Please upload your pages to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back in this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is my page:

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
Grace, one of my favorite stories!! Love the quotes and thank you for all your research!!

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Love Alice ... feel like I've gone down that rabbit hole a few times ... your creation is beautiful Grace ...

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Veronika, thank you for the wonderful comments.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Nancy, I'm glad that Alice in Wonderland is one of your favorite stories and thank you for the nice comments.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Evelyn, I think most of us have gone down the rabbit hole and thank you for the lovely comments.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Ursula, love the beautiful layering and blending and brushwork and the elegant lady and beautiful clusters and the wonderful quote on your fabulous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge and thank you for the wonderful comments.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Sue, I'm glad that everyone loves Alice and thank you for the great comments.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Thank you for hosting this challenge Grace and as always, another great choice!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Jody, the quote is perfect for the wonderful 1966 photo and love the beautiful brushwork on your 1966 Drama Club page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Robyn, you are welcome. I enjoy hosting the monthly quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Evelyn, love the image of Walt Disney and the two Queen of Hearts--especially the Queen with the purple hair--and the journaling on your imaginative and creative page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Kay, love the adorable girl in the heart shape and the delightful Alice in Wonderland scene with the great shadow-work and the wonderful quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.