Art Journaling Challenge

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I've been shopping again! This month I decided against shopping for a colour and instead I've gone shopping for art journaling/altered art/ mixed media (call it what you will) designs.

See on our blog HERE what I came up with when I sent shopping.

My challenge to you this month is to create an art journaling type of page describing or representing your FEELINGS on a certain day. That day can be today, or yesterday, or the day you were married, divorced, told the neighbour where to go (Evelyn!!), became a mother, grandmother, auntie, moved into your new house, made a big decision in your life...............you get the picture.

Please post your pages in our Monthly Challenges Gallery HERE.

I'm aware that some of you will take to this like a duck to water, but for others (like me) this will be a real challenge.

Let's see what you come up with!!

vicki23

Great challenge Robyn and yes it will be a challenge for me too, as I can never put my feelings onto paper..lol

Love this...and loved your shopping spree, Robyn!!!
I'm so sorry I've been MIA...have been sick for a few months....finally have turned the corner (I hope)! I've missed everyone!!
I do have a page for this Challenge!

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick Jill. Hopefully you are okay now.

TillM

Thank you Robyn, going to have a go at this one. Thank you for the link to Dani's blog, she is so inspirational!! Off to play now, thank you

I wish...but I think I've turned a corner. I was diagnosed with Celiac's Disease at the end of April and it's just getting through the process of ridding my body of a lifetime of gluten. I, of course, am one of the extremely sensitive ones, through the process of elimination and that this "detox phase" has lasted WAY longer than it should, that can't even eat foods that say they're "gluten-free" (they still have some gluten in there) I have to make sure it's stamped with "certified gluten free". I even went out and bout gluten-free toothpaste (who knew I would be poisoning myself twice a day?) So life as I knew it has drastically changed and what lies ahead (after I get through this stage) is forever being afraid of being "glutened" because I'll backslide into what I've been dealing with since March..and it's no picnic! Eating out will become quite the challenge as I have to worry about cross-contamination. How'd I get so lucky...LOL I miss teaching classes, miss going grocery shopping...miss feeling good. It's only been in this last week that I've been able to be at my computer more than an hour at a time so that's progress! They say in adults it can take 6 months to 2 years to feel "normal" again...and even longer for the stomach to heal itself. I'm hoping for sooner than that. Just get me through the pain stage..will deal with the rest later!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
Jill, I'm sorry to hear that you have Celiac's Disease and that you have not been feeling well and that you are in pain. The art journal page you created expresses what you have been going through. Stay positive and you'll be feeling better soon. Being gluten-free will not be easy.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Robyn, the Art Journaling Challenge is a great challenge. Your shopping list is fabulous and I have many of the kits on your list. Also, thanks for the link to Dani's blog.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
You have been through the wars Jill. I'm very sorry to hear this. It would appear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but the journey to get there sounds very difficult. Hugs coming your way................

TillM

OK so afternoon has now gone, this has taken while but I am pleased with the result. Thank you again for the challenge.
June-Art-journal.jpg

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/monthly-challenges/p25107-juneart-journal.html

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I sympathize with you Jill. My cousin went through this about 1 1/2 yrs ago ... he said he got to feeling so bad he couldn't imagine what was wrong ... now, he can tell if he ate something containing gluten within about 40 minutes! It certainly is life changing. All kinds of good wishes being sent your way ♥

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
OMGoshGollyGee ... I burst out laughing, Robyn and had a mouthful of coffee and nearly choked to death! It is certainly timely because there's more activity and I am thinking about taking out an ad in the local paper :-27

Thank you, ladies! That's the part I'm scared about, Evelyn...I NEVER want to get glutened and will do everything in my power not to...the thought of repeating what I've been going through for just a tiny particle slipping by scares me to death. Just have to be SO careful. The safest way is to cook everything yourself. Fortunately, there are a few places that are sensitive to the disease (and a gluten-free diet)...you just have to communicate. But there still always that chance...

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
lol .. I could write a book :) ... great challenge .. not something I ordinarily do digitally although I'm always working on it with real paint ... very cool challenge

Reactions: Ev

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Thanks for the challenge, perhaps a bit on the pale side, but I felt pale too LOL
This is what I was feeling yesterday . Sick and nervous about the last part of the photography exam ,and it is only a basic course so should not be a big deal really ,but still ugh ...​