• by biche57

by Kakleidesigns

by DeLoris

by Kythe

August Progressive challenge

Kakleidesigns

Challenge Host - October
Welcome to a new FUN, progressive challenge...I hope you enjoy my proposal for this month:
You are going to need 2 papers, 1 image, and some masks
YOU CAN USE MY MASKS FOR THIS CHALLENGE AND DOWNLOAD THEM HERE
2nd step- Tuesday
3rd step-Thursday
4th step- Saturday
5th step- Monday

1ST STEP-

Choose 2 papers and a large mask. (you can use my edge mask and download it in the link above)
Choose your background paper and on the top paste as a new layer the mask and in another one the 2nd paper. (The mask should be in between both paper's layers)
Clip your top paper into the mask and lower the opacity of the mask layer,
as it shows in the image below.
Merge and save.
Upload to the temporary gallery as Step 1, come back to this thread and post it.

View media item 75715
View media item 75714
STEP 2

Put your mask again but this time rotate it 90 degrees so it will cover the top edge.
Choose another paper and repeat step 1 but this time lower the opacity of the mask a bit more.
Now, rotate it a bit so it won't be straight, like my example below.
Upload to the temporary gallery as Step 2, come back to this thread and post it.

View media item 75792
Step 3

Choose an image or photo and use the same mask or the 2nd one -photomask (or your own)
and clip your image.
You can resize, recolor, add an effect or change the blend mode as you like.
Upload to the temporary gallery as Step 3, come back to this thread and post it.

View media item 75871
STEP 4

Now, create a vertical cluster that covers part of the edge of the 1st mask, and a smaller one to post at the top-bottom paper. (I used part of the big cluster and used it to embellish the head of the lady)
Upload to the temporary gallery as Step 4, come back to this thread and post it.
Here is my sample:

View media item 75972
Step 5

Add a title and/or some text or word-art, you can add additional elements to complete your page.
Upload your finished layout to the MAIN Progressive challenge category and come back and post it in this thread also.
I hope you enjoyed the challenge.

:-26 so much everybody for participating, I am taking a day off tomorrow, so it might take me a bit to comment in your gorgeous pages, but I will as soon as I am back.​

Last edited: