August Quote Challenge - Anne Geddes

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Anne Geddes is an Australian-born photographer currently living and working in New York. Anne Geddes is a world famous and award winning baby photographer. She is known for her unique photographs of babies in flower pots, flowers, handmade costumes and elaborate settings. Here’s a link to Anne Geddes website http://www.annegeddes.com/

Most of the quotes I found are quotes about photographing babies.

I photograph from the heart. I adore little babies and I think that shows. My images are really very positive, very simple, and from the heart. Babies speak a universal language.

I have a deep respect and love for these tiny humans, and I hope to convey in my images a measure of the beauty that exists in all children.

Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.

Children are the true believers, and some of us are lucky enough to make the transition to adulthood without ever losing the ability to see through young eyes.

I have a deep love and respect for children and I cannot imagine photographic life without them playing a major part.

Babies are my inspiration and my joy. In them, I see innocence and the precious possibilities of each life unfolding. In my images, I hope to convey a measure of the beauty that exists in all children.

My idea of a perfect image is where I have created a beautiful environment, and the baby has given something of its personality. That extra spark in the image is always supplied by the baby. When you look at one of my images, your eye is always drawn to the baby’s face, regardless of how complicated the setting is. The babies are always the most important aspect of the image, and so they should be.

When I count my blessings, I count you twice.

May your day be filled with blessings, like the sun that lights the sky, and may you have the courage to spread your wings and fly.

A baby makes love stronger, the nights shorter, and the days longer, savings smaller, and homes happier.

The largest of blessings are those that are small.

You can use one of the quotes by Anne Geddes or make a page with a young child or a puppy, kitten, chick, duckling, or other baby animals.

Please upload your page to the Monthly Challenges gallery and post a link back in this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is a page I made using one of the above quotes.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
I can remember when she first started her portrait business and her work never fails to please and I think I've got the perfect little girl for just a page like this .. gotta go and ask permission from grandma :)

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
Thank you for hosting this challenge Grace. You always come up with a great theme or who to quote!

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
I love Anne Geddes images, Grace, so creative and pretty. I'm waiting on a new baby (my niece's) this month, so this is perfect timing! ;)

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Sue, I'm looking forward to seeing your page. I hope her grandmother will give you permission to use the photo.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Diane, I love Anne Geddes too! I hope you have the time to join in this month's challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Robyn, you're welcome and thank you for the nice comments.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Kim, I think we all love Anne Geddes images. The newborn will be perfect for this challenge.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Here is mine with the most beautiful baby girl ... she's so cute and cuddly although I'll not be able to hold her .. she lives in Washington state ... the only girl grandchild with 7 grandboys before her .. she will be spoiled rotten I think and I hope she can survive it :). Granddad has Parkinson's disease so I'm glad he's able to be there to watch her grow.

moemc

I love Anne Geddes. Here is my page with a picture of my grandson in November 2014 at 1 month of age. I used a variety of kits from Angelique's Scraps

Last edited:

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
She, she is a beautiful baby girl and love her happy smile and the wonderful journaling and adding the word grand to the quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Maureen, love your adorable grandson sleeping on the bed of beautiful flowers and the wonderful quote on your gorgeous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Veronika, I'm smiling looking at the laughing adorable child--love the soft delicate colors and beautiful clusters and the vertical quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Valerie, love the beautiful and magical scene you created and the wonderful quote on your gorgeous Jim page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge