August Quote Challenge

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
This month’s quote challenge is art.

You may use your favorite art quote or use one of the following quotes:

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way — things I had no words for. Georgia O'Keeffe

Creativity takes courage. Henri Matisse

Nothing makes me so happy as to observe nature and to paint what I see. Henri Rousseau

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

I dream my painting and I paint my dream. Vincent Van Gogh

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Neil Gaiman

Art is anything you can get away with. Andy Warhol

Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. Edgar Degas

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. Thomas Merton

I paint flowers so they will not die. Frida Kahlo

You don’t take a photograph, you make it. Ansel Adams

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Pablo Picasso

Please include the name of this challenge August Quote on your title. Upload your page to the Members’ Galleries and then select Monthly Challenges and Quote Challenge and post a link back to this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing your pages.

Here is a page I made using the quote: Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. Pablo Picasso

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Thank you Grace for hosting the Quote Challenge. LOVE your gorgeous, colourful sample page! ❤

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you for the challenge and the free quotes Grace.xxx
Mary, congrats on the GSO! Love the gorgeous colors and the fabulous images and wordart quote! Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you for the fabulous challenge Grace and for including one of my favourite quotes. xxxxx

Rosie, the wonderful quote is perfect for the fabulous nature scene you painted. I had you in mind when I chose that art quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge. Congrats on the GSO!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
My favorite quotes are in here, love this challenge.
I choose Van Gogh quote and I applied a Van Gogh effect in the image
Karen, I'm glad that your favorite quotes are in this month's quote challenge.
The gorgeous colors and blending and gorgeous Van Gogh effects and images are perfect for the beautiful quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you Grace for the challenge and quotes ♥♥

Anita, love the gorgeous colors and textures and love the beautifully extracted little girl and the gorgeous flowers and paint splats and the wonderful quote. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.

Last edited:

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Great list of quotes. Thanks for the fun challenge.

Kim, beautiful effects on your gorgeous photo and beautiful clusters and wordart and quote on your fabulous page. Thank you for joining in this month's quote challenge.