CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT ... so what shall we talk about ? February.

Had to pop in and post a LO about how I spent today... getting a new selfie done for a new avatar. Check it out in the gallery - and be sure to read the full story. Yes, I got a new hair cut and that triggered the need for a new avatar. This was about #3 selfie.

Kay-2 smaller copy.jpg

Kay,you look amazing,I enjoyed reading your story,I for one hate my photo being taken,never mind having to do one for a selfie, whatever is keeping you looking gorgeous keep at it....send me the secret please.xx

Hubby has had his medication changed yet again for his UTI problems. The bacteria was resistant to the ones he was taking ... fingers crossed this one works. Cant really tell till a few days after he finishes the course.

COVID. Never had it before but have it now. Getting over it now though. He has it too, daughter has it too. Grandson has been sent to the caravan to live for a while trying to keep him from getting it. Absolutely no idea where we picked it up from.

Covid certainly seems to be flourishing at the moment. A lot of my family have had it very recently. I had it last year and I'm hoping that I don't get a repeat this year.

Hubby has had his medication changed yet again for his UTI problems. The bacteria was resistant to the ones he was taking ... fingers crossed this one works. Cant really tell till a few days after he finishes the course.

COVID. Never had it before but have it now. Getting over it now though. He has it too, daughter has it too. Grandson has been sent to the caravan to live for a while trying to keep him from getting it. Absolutely no idea where we picked it up from.
Jody, hope the new medication is effective for your hubby.

Sorry that you, your hubby and daughter have Covid. Good news that you are getting over Covid now.

ugh!!
I hope that you and the entire family is on the mend quickly!

How was everyone's weekend? I was super happy to be outside both days with the (relatively speaking :D) nice weather. I assisted in my first Maple Sugaring program which was so neat! There is still so much to learn but I'm getting better at identifying sugar maples. Yesterday I went on a 3+ mile group hike, led by my son again- always cool to see him in professional mode. He asked me before we started out if he could put me on the spot in IDing a sugar maple. Sure! Then he asked me to explain a little bit about the process and I blanked for a second and then I realized I knew what I was saying. Just the basics but that felt awesome!
The main reason I am so glad I got outside this weekend is the weather forecast is predicting 9-12" of snow tomorrow 😭

Jody, hope everyone is well soon. I think that's the thing with covid, one is often never sure where it came from.

How was everyone's weekend? I was super happy to be outside both days with the (relatively speaking :D) nice weather. I assisted in my first Maple Sugaring program which was so neat! There is still so much to learn but I'm getting better at identifying sugar maples. Yesterday I went on a 3+ mile group hike, led by my son again- always cool to see him in professional mode. He asked me before we started out if he could put me on the spot in IDing a sugar maple. Sure! Then he asked me to explain a little bit about the process and I blanked for a second and then I realized I knew what I was saying. Just the basics but that felt awesome!
The main reason I am so glad I got outside this weekend is the weather forecast is predicting 9-12" of snow tomorrow 😭

You got to see your son in professional mode and he got to see you in the same, very cool!

9-12" of snow is a LOT! Stay warm and safe!

I've been doing some sewing lately--I found a Cricut with fabric group on Facebook and their year long project is making table runners. I'd recently told hubby that I wanted to make some and the group appeared in my feed! I think Fb was listening to me. I've made a winter and Valentine one so far. Next up is St. Patrick's Day and Easter. It's so much easier to cut all of the pieces with my Cricut than hand cutting them!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 14
@KimR. Love your table mats. I use them all the time. I would make my own except that I have a very hard time sewing a straight line! I prefer to sew curves which is nuts I know.

I am not aware of COVID being prevalent here at the moment but then I don't get out much either.
Hugs to those that need support in their daily lives.. and to all who just like them.:-f:-f:-f

@KimR. Love your table mats. I use them all the time. I would make my own except that I have a very hard time sewing a straight line! I prefer to sew curves which is nuts I know.

I am not aware of COVID being prevalent here at the moment but then I don't get out much either.
Hugs to those that need support in their daily lives.. and to all who just like them.:-f:-f:-f

@Kythe My lines aren't always straight but I try! That's the beauty of handmade, right? ;)

Thought I'd start a new one today but after hubby and I worked on our taxes, my brain isn't working. Federal is easy to do, Kentucky not so much. :confused:

Oh my Jody, that´s bad news ! Best wishes for your Family´s recovery ! :unsure:

Last edited:
Sounds all very healthy and outdoorsy. I could do with getting out more. More snow. Wow.

I've been doing some sewing lately--I found a Cricut with fabric group on Facebook and their year long project is making table runners. I'd recently told hubby that I wanted to make some and the group appeared in my feed! I think Fb was listening to me. I've made a winter and Valentine one so far. Next up is St. Patrick's Day and Easter. It's so much easier to cut all of the pieces with my Cricut than hand cutting them!
Great table mats Kim. One day I will get in and use up the fabric I have.. Mean while I always seem to have a crochet hook stuck in my hand or behind my ear.

Kim, I am in *awe* of anyone who sews. MIL is a quilter and tried to teach me a long time ago and I never got the hang of it. The runners are super cute!

Healthy vibes still being sent out!

@Kim...........I LOVE your table mats! Clever lady. ❤️ ❤️
Great table mats Kim. One day I will get in and use up the fabric I have.. Mean while I always seem to have a crochet hook stuck in my hand or behind my ear.
Kim, I am in *awe* of anyone who sews. MIL is a quilter and tried to teach me a long time ago and I never got the hang of it. The runners are super cute!

Healthy vibes still being sent out!

Thank you all, I'm enjoying creating them!

@Jody I love to crochet, too.

@faerywings I started sewing at a young age when I was a Brownie Girl Scout. Did you get the snow they were predicting?

@KimR. We did-- we got about a foot of snow, maybe a shade under. "Up the mountain" in my town got over 14"
I felt awful for my dog who had knee surgery a couple of months ago. She had to go outside before we had a chance to shovel a pee-spot. The snow was well above her knees and she's not a little dog.
It's going to stay below freezing today so it's not even going to melt. Meanwhile, I am supposed to work outside this afternoon with the kids. 🥶 I am hoping that we will be inside for part and outside for part so no one freezes completely solid. LOL!

What other non-digital crafts do you all do?

Back