CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT ... so what shall we talk about? November.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
Robyn very kindly started this thread which has become very popular as long as you are all happy for me to continue I will start it every month so that we can all have a good old chit chat about anything we wish to share. ;)

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - May
@Ev Do tell !
Here it has been quiet , but fairly productive ( not on the scrapping front sadly ) but changed the wardrobes round from summer to winter - and we will NOT talk about the clothes that does not fit any more.
I am Still doing the colour theory course , and really and truly enjoying it. - And I can see the surface of my desk again ( always a big deal )
So November here we come...

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
@Ev Do tell !
Here it has been quiet , but fairly productive ( not on the scrapping front sadly ) but changed the wardrobes round from summer to winter - and we will NOT talk about the clothes that does not fit any more.
I am Still doing the colour theory course , and really and truly enjoying it. - And I can see the surface of my desk again ( always a big deal )
That's great Vivi ... cleaning is always a good start for a new season and I'm glad you're enjoying that color course ... and, NO, we will not discuss clothes that have shrunk LOL

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
HunEY ... this past week has been A WEEK ... I could talk about it all for 3 months! I've dropped quite a few F Bombs :-27
Ev, as long as you got it out of your system.xx

Reactions: Ev

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - May
@Ev Do tell !
:-28I dont they shrink I think the manufacturers are making them smaller sometimes in different shops I can choose the size that I always wear and other shops I have to choose a bigger size as they are to small have you noticed they never make them the same as they used to so the bigger size might feel better but then they are way to big on other parts of my body and I look like I am wearing a sack lol.xx

KimR.

Supreme Senior Member
Hope this is a better week for you, @Ev!

My clothes are also shrinking, @nemla, must be a world-wide problem! ;)

Still no scrapping here. I'm on a mission to clean up the photos on my hard drive. So many duplicates and triplicates and... It is taking many, many, many hours but I THINK I'll be finished soon. Maybe! ;) I'm also dating and adding labels to many photos so that's adding to the time. It will be worth it when I'm finished and make it much easier to find photos for our family calendar which is my next big project.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned that we are having our kitchen, dining room, and living room redone. We ordered cabinets and made plans with the contractor at the end of July. The start date is November 18, so it's almost finally here! I've been boxing up kitchen things a little at a time so that won't take much longer. Hubby and I moved the sofa from the living room to the downstairs den last week. Because of how the door is made downstairs, we had to almost completely take it apart. Now almost everything in the house is someplace we're not used to so we spend a lot of time going to the place something should be and remembering it's somewhere else. It will be worth it when they're finished!

Happy November, everyone!

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Well, November has started out in a typical winter fashion - getting ready for a frost this week. Argh. In mid-October my husband I finally took a long-awaited 3 day fishing trip. We stayed at a resort about two hours from here. They have an enclosed dock which we prefer to boat fishing. We were fishing for crappie but my husband ended up catching 5 pan-size catfish. Between us we caught a few crappie and some nice man gave us his mess, so we're set up for fish for a few weeks. Also got to eat out a few times which was great. We were really lucky in that we had nice weather the whole time - it could have gone either way. If we go next year, we'll plan it a week or two earlier. @Ev - hope everything is better @nemla - understand the "shrinkage" problem all too well @KimR. - we're always watching these home renovation shows on HGTV - this will be so nice for you, but can't say I envy you in the short run,

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
I am sooo glad Summer is over! I hate summer. We finally had frost and it is helping my allergies. Fall is my favorite season because of the colors.
HunEY ... this past week has been A WEEK ... I could talk about it all for 3 months! I've dropped quite a few F Bombs :-27
Ohhh, I am sooo sorry you had sucha bad week. I hope this one is better!

• Love

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
My daughter Heather has a cat and her name is Mama. She is the dearest thing and loves to rest on your shoulder and snuggle into your ear. Her only drawback is she hates other cats (Heidi stays away from her so they don't fight)! Heather had to go out of state for her job and she left Mama with me. Monday about 3am, she wanted to go out (I was awake already). When she wants out, she meows and meows. She has been here before, so I knew it was okay to let her out and she would come back. Well, she DIDN'T! I have paced back and forth between my front door and the door leading into the garage. I left the garage door open about a foot and put her litter box, a blanket, food and water on my front porch. I had to call Heather and tell her. My emotions just shut down and I was numb. I made a flyer and Heather had them printed up and is heading home now to help find her. I was doing dishes and my other daughter Marie came walking in with Mama in her arms. A co-worker of hers found her on an adjacent street, picked her up and took her to work for Marie. I tell you the tears flowed like a river! I was soooo relieved and grateful. She snuggled into my neck for about half an hour before deciding to get down. She is now laying in Heidi's cat tower, sleeping in the sunshine. Heather can't wait to get here and hold her too. We are all blessed and thankful!

Attachments

• 20211025_155108.jpg
    20211025_155108.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 8

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
WOW, wow & wow ... love this chatty group and following what's going on ... ♥ @Robyn ~ you need to find a "newsy" icon thingie ... it would be cute and I know you don't have anything better to do than go search for it :-21

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
:-28I dont they shrink I think the manufacturers are making them smaller sometimes in different shops I can choose the size that I always wear and other shops I have to choose a bigger size as they are to small have you noticed they never make them the same as they used to so the bigger size might feel better but then they are way to big on other parts of my body and I look like I am wearing a sack lol.xx
My figure is quite o.k. but what you said happens to me as well.
Plus many clothes are made for asian ladies that don´t fit us well.

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
My daughter Heather has a cat and her name is Mama. She is the dearest thing and loves to rest on your shoulder and snuggle into your ear. Her only drawback is she hates other cats (Heidi stays away from her so they don't fight)! Heather had to go out of state for her job and she left Mama with me. Monday about 3am, she wanted to go out (I was awake already). When she wants out, she meows and meows. She has been here before, so I knew it was okay to let her out and she would come back. Well, she DIDN'T! I have paced back and forth between my front door and the door leading into the garage. I left the garage door open about a foot and put her litter box, a blanket, food and water on my front porch. I had to call Heather and tell her. My emotions just shut down and I was numb. I made a flyer and Heather had them printed up and is heading home now to help find her. I was doing dishes and my other daughter Marie came walking in with Mama in her arms. A co-worker of hers found her on an adjacent street, picked her up and took her to work for Marie. I tell you the tears flowed like a river! I was soooo relieved and grateful. She snuggled into my neck for about half an hour before deciding to get down. She is now laying in Heidi's cat tower, sleeping in the sunshine. Heather can't wait to get here and hold her too. We are all blessed and thankful!
Wow, what a story and thanksgod with a Happy End ! JA7
When Xenia was away for the 3rd time 6 weeks passed and
I´d lost allmost all hope till my dear neighbour called. She had
spotted her in here garden. So another Happy End ! :-c

Rosie

Wildlife Warrior
I made a start on my herb garden today. I planted some of the seeds and set them under the grow lights. I used garden a lot and grew everything from seed. Sadly I cannot do the outside garden any more but I am having an indoor one. We have two large but empty tropical fish aquariums which we are converting into mini greenhouses. Hopefully, before too long, we will have fresh herbs for food and medicine.

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
I made a start on my herb garden today. I planted some of the seeds and set them under the grow lights. I used garden a lot and grew everything from seed. Sadly I cannot do the outside garden any more but I am having an indoor one. We have two large but empty tropical fish aquariums which we are converting into mini greenhouses. Hopefully, before too long, we will have fresh herbs for food and medicine.
that's great Rosie ... good luck - How is Becky???

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
It´s a pity you can no longer do much in the garden. But I love your idea with the two
aqariums. Wish you success with your Greenhouse plants.