CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT ... so what shall we talk about? November.

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
We have a number of fish - & other animals not native and taking over ... NOT going to mention those HUGE snakes down in the Florida Everglades. Fish - I don't eat catfish - can not get my mind to even try ... but I do love fresh fish. Never thought about carp - gonna look it up.
Carp is a very fat fish and anything fat is disgusting for me. Yes, Cake too !
My stomach can´t stand it. Thought duck is fat as well, but not the portion
I had. Maybe because I ate it with red cabbage and little apple pieces in it. :love:

Reactions: Ev

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
Please pray for my daughter Heather. i am sooo afraid her cat Mama is dying. She swallowed a hair tie (she is 12 and had never done that before) and got deathly sick. Heather took her to the vet and he gave her fluids, shots and an antibiotic, but nothing is helping. She did pass it. We are wondering if when I let her out here and she did not come back, if something was bothering her then and she wasn't mentally aware of where she was. She had always come back before. When I watched her those couple of days, I noticed how slow she was moving, but, other than that she seemed fine. Nothing the vet has done has helped her. She won't eat or drink and stays where Heather puts her. Heather will take her back to the vet today, but she is 12. I don't know what more the vet can do for her. Heather has had her for 12 years. She has never married nor had children. Mama is her life. Heather is like me in that she is a highly anxious person and I am sooo worried about her. Heather got Mama when she lived in California and moved back to Ohio with her. I kept her for 2 years while Heather lived in Nashville, plus the times Heather lived with me, before and after Nashville. She seems like mine too. I have never seen another cat like her. She likes to ride in cars looking out the window. She loves to sit on your shoulder and when she does that, any cares you have just melt away. She never sees a stranger and is a favorite of Heather's vet and her neighborhood. Outside cats don't live as long as indoor cats and Mama has had a really great life! Is it time to let her go? Hopefully, the vet can say. But, it won't be easy. Not for me and certainly not for my daughter. I am staying strong for Heather when all I want to do is crawl in a ball and cry my eyes out. It breaks my heart to see an animal suffer and Mama is suffering. Hopefully, Heather will get an answer today as to what to do. 🧐
Heather has an appt with her vet to have Mama put to sleep and cremated Friday at 4:00. She is an absolute wreck. But it is best for Mama. She is suffering. The shots this other vet gave her hasn't helped. I am a mess as well. It hurts to not be able o help your child when they are hurting. I love Mama sooo very much. I just can't stop crying even though it is for the best for Mama. It still hurts. 🥲

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so sorry to read this DeLoris. I know only too well the pain of losing a beloved pet. Healing hugs to you and your daughter.

JA7

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Heather has an appt with her vet to have Mama put to sleep and cremated Friday at 4:00. She is an absolute wreck. But it is best for Mama. She is suffering. The shots this other vet gave her hasn't helped. I am a mess as well. It hurts to not be able o help your child when they are hurting. I love Mama sooo very much. I just can't stop crying even though it is for the best for Mama. It still hurts. 🥲
I´m so sad to hear about your loss, Deloris. I deeply feel with you & Heather. Yes, some animals can not stay with us for a long time and to loose them hurts like loosing a family member. I have been through this before and it felt like there is no tomorrow. Jazmin has healed me with her Love !
At first I felt guilty because now I love her so endlessly but I will never forget/stop to love & miss Keira, my magic cat !
May you & Heather find peace in the thought that Mama does not suffer anymore and one day
you will meet again.JA7

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
I´m so sad to hear about your loss, Deloris. I deeply feel with you & Heather. Yes, some animals can not stay with us for a long time and to loose them hurts like loosing a family member. I have been through this before and it felt like there is no tomorrow. Jazmin has healed me with her Love !
At first I felt guilty because now I love her so endlessly but I will never forget/stop to love & miss Keira, my magic cat !
May you & Heather find peace in the thought that Mama does not suffer anymore and one day
you will meet again.JA7
Thank you so much and I agree, it is like losing a family member. I am so sorry for your loss as well, but it is good to hear you have another to help you. :-62

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Heather called this morning and Mama has perked up a little and ate a bit. She is taking her in at 4:30 and there is a program for people like Heather who are torn about whether to put them to sleep or not. They will pay for the blood tests and xrays. The program is supported by donations. So, she will be able to get those test done now and see if it is treatable or terminal. It was going to cost Heather between $1500 to 2500$ to have these tests done and she is already out close to $1000. But now that she decided to put her to sleep, this organization steps in to pay for those tests. We pray it is fixable. Thank you for your concern and comments! I'll let you know what she finds out.:-62:-62

KimR.

Supreme Senior Member
@DeLoris Good news that Heather will be able to have the tests done to help her make the right decision for Mama.

Work begins on our kitchen remodel TOMORROW, I'm so excited! If I remember right, we signed the contract 4 months ago today. Because of delays in production of cabinets, we knew it would be at least 3 months. So the kitchen is emptied (except for the refrigerator) and we've set up a make-shift area in the living room with the microwave, air fryer, toaster and can opener. Hubby thinks we should eat out the next month or so it takes them to finish the project. I don't know about that, wo we will see.

I finished our family calendar (just need to send to the printer). My next project is a stocking for little Lincoln. Then I will begin the quilt I'm going to make for my friend. I have taken time in between packing up the kitchen to make a couple more wreaths--one for my aunt at the nursing home and one for our front door. I think these are my new favorite thing to make as I can finish a project quickly!

Attachments

• wreaths.jpg
    wreaths.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 7

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
@DeLoris Good news that Heather will be able to have the tests done to help her make the right decision for Mama.

Work begins on our kitchen remodel TOMORROW, I'm so excited! If I remember right, we signed the contract 4 months ago today. Because of delays in production of cabinets, we knew it would be at least 3 months. So the kitchen is emptied (except for the refrigerator) and we've set up a make-shift area in the living room with the microwave, air fryer, toaster and can opener. Hubby thinks we should eat out the next month or so it takes them to finish the project. I don't know about that, wo we will see.

I finished our family calendar (just need to send to the printer). My next project is a stocking for little Lincoln. Then I will begin the quilt I'm going to make for my friend. I have taken time in between packing up the kitchen to make a couple more wreaths--one for my aunt at the nursing home and one for our front door. I think these are my new favorite thing to make as I can finish a project quickly!
Thank you Kim. We are sooo relieved and happy about Mama!
I feel for you with your "kitchen" in the living room! That has to be aggravating.
Your wreaths are beautiful! I need to start making things for my walls. They are tooo bare. I love my apartment and the things I have done lately to update it, now I need to decorate it! There is a sign on Etsy that says Sweet Dreams that I want for over my bed, but it is $60! I know I will break down and get it eventually. I also want to chalk paint or mineral fusion my bedroom suite. That won't happen till this next summer when I can open the windows. I have had so many surgeries since I have lived here, I just didn't decorate like I wanted. Now, I have the chance! I posted what I did in the kitchen and my front bedroom. FUN!!!!!!
I've never done a calendar. But I do make yearly books and put them on video. JA6 JA6

Attachments

• il_1140xN.3181765858_jm45.jpg
    il_1140xN.3181765858_jm45.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4

Jody

The Wanderer.
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
Keeping an eye out here to find out what happens with Mama, fingers crossed, holding thumbs etc for a good result.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Heather had the test done and Mama is fine. The doc said she should be back to normal in a couple of weeks, but he could not tell us what happened to her. She is still hiding in a closet during the day, but she is eating/drinking and sleeping with Heather at night. So, she is improving. We are sooo relieved.
That organization that stepped in to pay for her tests is a real blessing. We will be donating to them from now on. They have certain criteria to go by and Heather checked all the boxes! What a blessing! :-62 :-62

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
So please to hear this DeLoris.. Such a worry, hopefully it will all keep going well for Mama.
Thank you so much Jody! We are sooo very blessed she is okay! Heather is bringing her up (she lives about 45 mins south of me) Saturday and I get to hold her! Yeah! :-62

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Well another drama with Cello! Once again we had to come back from the shack in an 'emergency' dash. Poor baby, much of his back end has been completely shaved. In a matter of two days he developed what is known as a 'hot spot' - in other words a rapidly developing bacteria infection which double and triples in size in a matter of hours. Apart from now being shaved he is now on a strong 2 week course of antibiotics and has ointment which I can't get anywhere near him to rub on. Last night (just home from the vet) was the night from hell. We were awake most of the night because he was crying and whimpering in pain, it was awful! Now I can't stop him from licking and that is NOT going to bode well for his recovery. Feeling so tired at the moment...........

• Sad
Reactions: Ev