CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT ... so what shall we talk about ? November.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Challenge Host - December
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends! Most of all, count your blessing and be thankful. I love you all!
DeLoris

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends! Most of all, count your blessing and be thankful. I love you all!
DeLoris
I hope you too have a lovely Thanksgiving DeLoris.

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it. We went over to my niece's where she and her mom had fixed a super meal. I contributed cranberry sauce, one of her daughters brought green bean casserole and soft drinks and the othe daughter brought sourdough rolls and pies. We have a little one, Max, in our midst now - he's eighteen months old and so fun. It was a great day, but, as usual, I ate too much. 🦃🦃🦃

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
2022 Project 52 Challenge Host
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it. We went over to my niece's where she and her mom had fixed a super meal. I contributed cranberry sauce, one of her daughters brought green bean casserole and soft drinks and the othe daughter brought sourdough rolls and pies. We have a little one, Max, in our midst now - he's eighteen months old and so fun. It was a great day, but, as usual, I ate too much. 🦃🦃🦃
Kathy, so glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV and had a wonderful traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the fixings! Thanksgiving is the only dinner with so many side dishes: salad, cranberry sauce, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls and apple pie and pumpkin pie.

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Kathy, so glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV and had a wonderful traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner with all the fixings! Thanksgiving is the only dinner with so many side dishes: salad, cranberry sauce, gravy, green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls and apple pie and pumpkin pie.
Wow, my mouth is watering Grace.... :love:

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
That's the thing, Grace. Even if I get just a little of everything, it adds up to a LOT of food. LOL I see people out taking little strolls after the big meal (weather permitting), but all I want to do is take a little nap. :)🦃

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
2022 Project 52 Challenge Host
That's the thing, Grace. Even if I get just a little of everything, it adds up to a LOT of food. LOL I see people out taking little strolls after the big meal (weather permitting), but all I want to do is take a little nap. :)🦃
Yes, Kathy, too much food! I just have a little bit of everything and I'm stuffed.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Thank you! I love times where family all brings/makes things. That makes it more fun that just one person doing it. To my family, that is Christmas. We only buy presents for my grandson. The rest is food and fun! Everyone has their own special dish, so it's great to come together like that. 🦃 🦃 🦃

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Hope everyone who celebrates had a happy Thanksgiving. :-i
Here we do not celebrate,but we still have the black friday offers.... go figure....
And speaking of Black Friday,the internet has gone crazy with all the offers for hundreds of different online art classes, membership to communities, online schools, etc..... Not to mention bundles of this and that.....
Also of course digikit,and scrapbook related stuff.
I found myself wishing for membership to yet another year long art class. I resisted because I already bought one,and both have weekly new content,so it would be to much. Also I plan to do some 30 day ones during the year . But boy it was hard not to press that buy button....
And that makes me ask. Anyone here feel they sign up for to many things,and then don't have time to do it, - or it eats into the time they could be doing their " own stuff" so then regret it ?
I do,but as you can see from the above I have not really learnt ...

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I've bought a couple of classes in the past - took one look at the content and realised that I had wasted my money! There are so many free tutorials (I'm talking watercolour painting tutorials here) available now on YouTube! A lot is rubbish, but there is some good stuff too. I don't mind being picky when I haven't paid for it!

Reactions: Ev

nemla

I don't mind being picky when I haven't paid for it!
LoL, never was a truer word said.
I do belong to a monthly online magazine that has lessons, (all styles and materials ) suggestions,and super articles,every month,and the old issues stay up, plus every month they do a related but separate lesson,so it is a lot of content.
And I do like some of the 30 faces 30 days courses(challenges) the water colour one was great. And so was the pen and pencil one from 2022. I should just have stuck to that really....
But yes, I have been bitten. 1 class advertised as: a full beginners guide to watercolour, featuring 6 video lessons,and PDF content..(something like this,can't remember the words exactly) it wasn't a lie, but they forgot to mention that none of the videos were more than 10 min, and 1 was as short as 4.

DeLoris

Rusty Woman
Hope everyone who celebrates had a happy Thanksgiving. :-i
Here we do not celebrate,but we still have the black friday offers.... go figure....
And speaking of Black Friday,the internet has gone crazy with all the offers for hundreds of different online art classes, membership to communities, online schools, etc..... Not to mention bundles of this and that.....
Also of course digikit,and scrapbook related stuff.
I found myself wishing for membership to yet another year long art class. I resisted because I already bought one,and both have weekly new content,so it would be to much. Also I plan to do some 30 day ones during the year . But boy it was hard not to press that buy button....
And that makes me ask. Anyone here feel they sign up for to many things,and then don't have time to do it, - or it eats into the time they could be doing their " own stuff" so then regret it ?
I do,but as you can see from the above I have not really learnt ...
I can relate! I buy Digital Scrapper Classes all the time and do not have time to do them. When I want to do something different, I look at one of the videos and make that, but I forget how to do it the next time (I love being 72! LOL). But, I LOVE their classes!

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
no classes being bought here, ever ... I'm not good at being told how to do something ... years (many) ago I took oil painting class and 1 night the teacher grabbed my brush and dabbed on MY canvas ... that did NOT end well! ... tp take a look-see at how something is done - that's different than taking classes ... I'd rather hit or miss it on my own LOL

nemla

no classes being bought here, ever ... I'm not good at being told how to do something ... years (many) ago I took oil painting class and 1 night the teacher grabbed my brush and dabbed on MY canvas ... that did NOT end well! ...
LoL ,that happend to me to,years ago in Art class. We were supposed to draw a sphere, and shade it. Obviously I must have had a difficult time with it . My teacher did the same. Afterwards he told me it was good. I said yes Sir,, you draw very well ... wasn't his fav student after that, and up to this day I break out in hives if I have to draw a three dimentional anything....