CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT ... so what shall we talk about? August.

Glyn

The Dreamer
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
As from tomorrow all restrictions for Covid rules are now finished with the Welsh Government except for wearing masks in certain places I am still wary as it means the younger generation can now go to nightclubs it seems this younger age group are also catching the virus and ending up in Hospital before they have been vaccinated I just hope most of them realise the Covid has not gone away and that they need to protect themselves and others from the Virus.
That sounds a bit scary, Mary. Mike and I just got our second jab. That 12 weeks seemed to go on forever, but now we are as safe as we can be for Trish and the grandchildren, and my mum who's 93. I still won't go anywhere without a mask though. There's too much at stake.
Jody and I have spent a lot of time in Wales. I saw the house my Nan lived in and the church she went to while we were in Penarth. North and south Wales are so different but equally beautiful.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
The Government are now bribing the younger ones with money to have the vaccination now.

Reactions: Ev

faerywings

As from tomorrow all restrictions for Covid rules are now finished with the Welsh Government except for wearing masks in certain places I am still wary as it means the younger generation can now go to nightclubs it seems this younger age group are also catching the virus and ending up in Hospital before they have been vaccinated I just hope most of them realise the Covid has not gone away and that they need to protect themselves and others from the Virus.
Since you mentioned Wales-My hubby and I are watching the TV show Hinterland on Netflix, is that what Wales looks like for the most part? It is so wild and beautiful! But I am always cautious about making assumptions. Where I live in New Jersey is *nothing* like the show Jersey Shore. ;)

Jody

The Wanderer.
Since you mentioned Wales-My hubby and I are watching the TV show Hinterland on Netflix, is that what Wales looks like for the most part? It is so wild and beautiful! But I am always cautious about making assumptions. Where I live in New Jersey is *nothing* like the show Jersey Shore. ;)
That sounds interesting, Hinterland. I will have to look that one out.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to the 'gender reveal party' tonight for one of my two great-grandchildren. This one won't be born until February next year. The other one (they don't want to know the gender) is due on 9th October. I'm in the middle of making a half blue/half pink cake for tonight.
It's a girl! ❤️

Last edited:

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Hinterland was filmed in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Wales,
Aberystwyth (Welsh: [abɛˈrəstʊɨθ] ( About this sound listen)) is a university town and community in Ceredigion, Wales. Historically in the historic county of Cardiganshire, the literal meaning of the word Aberystwyth is "the mouth of the Ystwyth". In one form or another, Aberystwyth University has been a major educational location in Wales since the establishment of University College Wales in 1872.

The town is situated on Cardigan Bay on the west coast of Wales, near the confluence of the River Ystwyth and Afon Rheidol. Following the reconstruction of the harbour, the Ystwyth skirts the town. The Rheidol passes through the town.

The seafront, with a pier, stretches from Constitution Hill at the north end of the Promenade to the harbour at the south. The beach is divided by the castle. The town is divided into five areas: Aberystwyth Town; Llanbadarn Fawr; Waunfawr; Llanbadarn; Trefechan; and the most populous, Penparcau.

At the 2001 census, the population of the town was 15,935.[2] This reduced to 13,040 at the 2011 Census.[3]

Including the suburbs of Llanbadarn Fawr, the population is 16,420, the built-up area having a population of 18,749.[4]

Aberystwyth Bay from a 1748 survey by Lewis Morris (1701–1765)
The distance to Swansea is 55 miles (89 km); to Shrewsbury 60 miles (97 km); to Wrexham 63 miles (101 km); to Cardiff 76 miles (122 km); and to London 180 miles (290 km).
I hope this helps.xx

Jody

The Wanderer.
It is good, a crime drama but very, very different than the American ones. No guns drawn at every moment, no explosions-- it is very refreshing)
I always enjoy English shows, have put it into my watch list. At the moment I am watching Jamestown on Prime Video, set in 1619 in the time of settlement of Virginia USA. As I love historical stuff I am really enjoying this too.

Reactions: Ev

faerywings

I always enjoy English shows, have put it into my watch list. At the moment I am watching Jamestown on Prime Video, set in 1619 in the time of settlement of Virginia USA. As I love historical stuff I am really enjoying this too.
I will keep my eyes open for that one too, thx!

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Thanks Jody! I'll put this one on my "to watch" list.