CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT ... so what shall we talk about ? January

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Robyn, very kindly started this thread which has become very popular as long as you are all happy for me to continue I will start it every month so that we can all have a good old chit chat about anything we wish to share. Unless comments are negative political or religious comments, disrespectful, profane, etc.;)

BrightEyes

Esteemed Senior Member
Thanks for starting this thread each month, Mary!

And I have exciting news for the new year... Yesterday, I put a deposit on my NEW CAR! :-l :-48:-16

It will arriving here the first week in Feb. It is a Hyundai Sonata SEL in Red. It has all the safety bells and whistles plus a power driver's seat (which will be a life-saver on my back). It is not a hybrid as I don't put a lot of miles on each year - the 27-32 mpg it gets is similar to my SUV. Seems strange to not have the cars there at the dealership but due to the car chip shortage that is the way it has been for over a year. I have been looking at the Sonata for a couple of years so am comfortable buying it.

Beth

And I have exciting news for the new year... Yesterday, I put a deposit on my NEW CAR! :-l :-48:-16

It will arriving here the first week in Feb. It is a Hyundai Sonata SEL in Red. It has all the safety bells and whistles plus a power driver's seat (which will be a life-saver on my back). It is not a hybrid as I don't put a lot of miles on each year - the 27-32 mpg it gets is similar to my SUV. Seems strange to not have the cars there at the dealership but due to the car chip shortage that is the way it has been for over a year. I have been looking at the Sonata for a couple of years so am comfortable buying it.
Excited for you Kay!

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member

Your car sounds exciting Kay, you will outshine on the road,enjoy.xxx

Christina

At the start of this New Year I want to wish all the Team & Members of Just Art a year that will hold many great memories for you all. Since life is apt to throw us curve balls, I pray that these will not be too numerous or too great to bear. I am looking forward to some changes this year, which can possibly be a bit stressful as I realise that it is time for me to move out by myself into a smaller home and hopefully encourage my son to get on with his life. I can see that having him live at home for the last 12years has not really helped him to get past his problems and maybe on his own (with support from the wider family) he may actually find that there is a life to be lived. My two daughters feel strongly that my health is suffering and they want me to stay healthy for a long time yet. So prayers for the coming year would be welcomed.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - February
2023 Project 52 Challenge Host

Kay, exciting and wonderful news!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
At the start of this New Year I want to wish all the Team & Members of Just Art a year that will hold many great memories for you all. Since life is apt to throw us curve balls, I pray that these will not be too numerous or too great to bear. I am looking forward to some changes this year, which can possibly be a bit stressful as I realise that it is time for me to move out by myself into a smaller home and hopefully encourage my son to get on with his life. I can see that having him live at home for the last 12years has not really helped him to get past his problems and maybe on his own (with support from the wider family) he may actually find that there is a life to be lived. My two daughters feel strongly that my health is suffering and they want me to stay healthy for a long time yet. So prayers for the coming year would be welcomed.
Christina, hope the changes you will be making this year will not be too stressful and that your health will improve. Thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts and big hugs...

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Christina, wish you All the Best for 2023, esp. health. May your move be
the 1st step into a better future. Hoope your son will somehow learn to
stand on his own feet. Is there no organization to help him ?

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Christine,you have done wonders for you son,now it is ime for you to do what is best for you. xx

faerywings

My goal (for what that is worth haha!) is to try and make more time for myself-- In other words- stop wasting time on social media or playing online jigsaw puzzle games. I would love to replace that with being more creative- time spent scrapping or crocheting until the weather turns and I can be outside. Last year was tumultuous with both really good and really bad, so perhaps this year will be a little more stable.

Wishing everyone here a happy and healthy year!:-e

Jody

The Wanderer.
Happy New Year to you to Christina. You know you may just be right both re your health and forcing your son to see the whole world rather than a narrow version of it.

Glyn

The Dreamer
Okay, so I can admit now that having our granddaughter living with us since our beautiful daughter passed away has been horrendous. It's been over twelve months now and we have had both Kady 13 and Zeph 5 living with us. In that time Kady has been to four different schools. The last was a school that deals with children who don't fit into main stream education. In other words, no strict rules, no dress code, no homework, and learning only the essential subjects. Of course Kady enjoyed that so she stayed in school. However her behaviour at home was becoming increasingly worse. Her verbal abuse, disrespect and disobedience was becoming intolerable. Her mood swings were frighteningly quick. In one moment she could change from laughing and dancing to telling us she hated us and wished we were dead. We tried everything we could think of including child and youth mental services, but nothing has worked because she never lets them see the side of her that we have the misfortune of experiencing nearly everyday. Kady steals food and money from us. We have had to put cameras in our house to try to deter her from stealing. Of course it didn't. She was only too happy to take us up on the challenge. It has been a very trying time, but the last straw was when she stole a vape from her sister on her last visit to her father's place. She brought it home and was secretly vaping in my house, but worse, she tried to get Zeph to try it. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. We made the decision to send her to live with her father and sister, because we cannot have her endangering her five year old brother's life. I constantly worry about Mike's stress levels and he worries about mine. The things I've mentioned are just a drop in the ocean compared to what we have endured. Our grown children support us and that's all we need. So, as from now Mike, Zeph and I look forward to a more peaceful and happy year moving forward. Young Zeph starts Grade One at school and he is so excited.

I wish you all the very best for 2023.

Last edited:

Jody

The Wanderer.
Okay, so I can admit now that having our granddaughter living with us since our beautiful daughter passed away has been horrendous. It's been over twelve months now and we have had both Kady 13 and Zeph 5 living with us. In that time Kady has been to four different schools. The last was a school that deals with children who don't fit into main stream education. In other words, no strict rules, no dress code, no homework, and learning only the essential subjects. Of course Kady enjoyed that so she stayed in school. However her behaviour at home was becoming increasingly worse. Her verbal abuse, disrespect and disobedience was becoming intolerable. Her mood swings were frighteningly quick. In one moment she could change from laughing and dancing to telling us she hated us and wished we were dead. We tried everything we could think of including child and youth mental services, but nothing has worked because she never lets them see the side of her that we have the misfortune of experiencing nearly everyday. Kady steals food and money from us. We have had to put cameras in our house to try to deter her from stealing. Of course it didn't. She was only too happy to take us up on the challenge. It has been a very trying time, but the last straw was when she stole a vape from her sister on her last visit to her father's place. She brought it home and was secretly vaping in my house, but worse, she tried to get Zeph to try it. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. We made the decision to send her to live with her father and sister, because we cannot have her endangering her five year old brother's life. I constantly worry about Mike's stress levels and he worries about mine. The things I've mentioned are just a drop in the ocean compared to what we have endured. Our grown children support us and that's all we need. So, as from now Mike, Zeph and I look forward to a more peaceful and happy year moving forward. Young Zeph starts Grade One at school and he is so excited.

Its good you got this off your chest. I know its only part of the story and I know you have been through hell for the last year. I hope this means going forward you will have a more civilised and calm life and household. I know its a huge decision to do this, and one you have not made lightly ... but... you need to think of yourself and Mike, both your health and mental health. Zeph will be much easier to deal with alone, I am sure he will miss his sister, but he needs to have a calm upbringing as well.

KimR.

Supreme Senior Member
Happy New Year, Just Art Friends! I hope all of you had a happy holiday season. Mine was happy and busy. I enjoyed seeing our little ones and wish I could see them more often.

My goal for 2023 is to get caught up on my scrapping. I'd planned to start on January 1 but was tired from my trip to visit family. I woke up on January 2 with a terrible headache, coughing and sneezing. I couldn't get an appointment to see my doctor until next Monday (very unusual, I can usually be seen by someone in that clinic the same day) so went to urgent care. He gave me something to help with my cough and sneezing and did a swab for flu, RSV and covid. Fortunately the results were negative for all of that so I guess it's been a cold or sinus infection. Today is the first day I've been on the computer all week.

That's all more info than you probably need, but I'm going to get started on reaching that goal! I still need to download all of the December photos from my phone and, at some point, put away the Christmas tree and the few decorations I got out.

Ev

Miss Social Chatty-ness
Okay, so I can admit now that having our granddaughter living with us since our beautiful daughter passed away has been horrendous.

Oh Glyn - this must have been hard to share but harder to live thru! I think you made the only decision you could and hope it makes your lives better ♥