• Do you want to give some POP to your page?   You can achieve this with the use of filters!

Check out the fabulous NEW POP-UP CHALLENGE from Kay (BrightEyes).  

Cock and Bull March

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Vivi for another great picture to work with lol - I love these challenges. Here's my story ....

We always knew that there was a great story behind the meeting of our grandparents ….. Grandad was a footballer from a young age and prior to the war he played for Walthamstow FC. My grandmother Lily was a huge fan of the game and as a young girl would travel for miles on her cycle to watch her local team Walthamstow FC play, one player in particular was the subject of her attention. Grandad always used to joke about her being their no.1 fan. The story goes that she had watched every match that he had played in but he had never noticed her. She had to change that and decided the only thing to do was to cycle across the pitch during the game. Her actions caused more of a reaction than she bargained for. She actually brought the game to a standstill for a few minutes, the players looking on at her in bewilderment. She was caught on camera and made the sports news - she was even mentioned in a letter to the club secretary and was drawn in the cartoon by the illustrator. The most important thing to her however was achieving what she set out to do. Grandad was besotted by this beautiful young lady riding her cycle across the pitch. Thereafter, they cycled many journeys together, she still attended all his matches but leaving her cycle at home.
For their wedding she presented Grandad with a beautiful cigarette case. On the inside she had cleverly had the photo of her on the pitch and grandads team photo of that year printed inside.
Text from the article ……. The undermentioned letter has recently been received by our Sports Secretary from the Essex county Football Association:
Essex Senior Cup final - On behalf of the Association, we are pleased to congratulate the Football Team on their winning the Senior Challenge Cup last Saturday for the first time in the history of the Club, despite the appearance of Miss Lily Mcdoran on her cycle shocking the players to a standstill for several minutes.
Nothing quite like it has ever been anticipated by the Association.

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
I was sure I had left a comment on this, sorry . I love it ! great story for sure, glad they lived happily ever after!

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host
This is such a good take on the challenge. I love the black and white too.