CHALLENGES Cock and Bull October

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - October
Photo here
Welcome to October and to the cock and bull challenge
This month we have a photo that was provided by our very own Sue C . ( @Sue C ) Apologies for the blur, but we figured the story would just have to be so much better... The photo is from her family, but she does not know who the children are. Lets give them a story !
The link to the photo is on top of this post ,it leads to my dropbox. Please credit Sue C or private photo used with permission, when you post, as pr site rules.
The aim of this challenge is to write a cock and bull story , inspired by the photo. It can be as silly as you like, in fact the more outrageous the better, or maybe a wee bit serious, - but it must be a story of some kind. Let your imagination soar.
Please remember to post the pages here in this thread after you have posted them in the challenges gallery, Cock and bull have a section .
My credits; This challenge was invented by a sister design team called the Sissy sparrows. They ran this challenge on the Lilypad, and have since retired . I miss them still, and with them in mind let the challenge go on .

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the challenge Vivi, and such a great idea to use Sue's photo. Perhaps some more of us can delve into our old photos to find something suitable for future C & B challenges.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
It's going to be fun watching how this photo gets a story or two ... I've had it sitting in my desktop working folder for so long because I thought it was so sweet ... found it with my husband's photos .. no names or explanations and it doesn't look like one of the relatives and then thought about Vivi's challenge ... it's actually been enlarged from a very tiny photo ... if you have any of these tiny photos try exporting to PDF and then loading them into your software choosing what size you want ... the PDF creates a non-pixel photo so can be enlarged without any damage although it can't be corrected except in something like Photoshop ...

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
I don't have Photoshop.
Can I put it in PNG ?
What software do you use? I'm not sure which ones take pdf ... and no, .png will not work .. if you have a way of creating an SVG document that would work as well as long as you have software to place it into to work on it ... for instance a Cricut machine would be able to convert to SVG for you ? you could also use software that vectorizes an image but I haven't found one that does a really good job especially with a coloured image or photograph

nemla

love a challenging challenge
Challenge Host - October
@Marie-Christine Sue just meant you can do this with any old photo of your own if you want to save it digitally.
But it made me think, because I am hosting the progressive this month, so please tell me what program you use to scrap with, and if you can use layers ...
That actually goes for every one , please tell me what software you use, so I can try and make sure everyone can take part in the progressive if they want to.
Thanks Vivi

Marie-Christine

Thank you very much for your concern about the software used. I am using Studio Scrap 8 but I believe it is not used outside of France. Thank you for your dedication.

Kakleidesigns

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Thanks for the fun challenge and the gorgeous photo, I struggle a bit as usual with the phrasing in English, but I hope you can understand it