computer issues

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
I haven't been able to get on to scrapbook for several weeks now. I have my PSE program installed on an external hard drive that crashed. My son is coming next weekend to see if he can find out whats wrong but I will be out of pocket for awhile longer. I MISS scrapbooking. I may have to reinstall my program on my PC but the problem is, all of my kits are also on the external. Please say a little pray that my stuff can be retrieved.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Oh no! I can imagine that this is all very frustrating Sherry. You are lucky to have a son who can help with this. Hopefully it's a quick fix and not too expensive!!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - September
Sherry, bad news that your EHD crashed. I hope your son is able to retrieve all of your kits and data on the EHD.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I am so sorry to read this. I do hope everything can be recovered 💕

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
I have cold sweats just thinking about it. Crossing fingers for you.
If you have bought kits in the last few months try logging in to the shop,- your download should still be available without having to contact anyone yet. Then install Photoshop on Your PC and relax.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
Oh my goodness I'm with Vivi, cold sweats and stomach churning over....this is my worst nightmare and I now keep my kits on Google Drive as well as an EHD. Everything is crossed that your son can restore everything for you xx

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
I am so sorry to hear this. Just another reminder to folks that you really need to have backups as disaster can strike at any time and it's a lot to lose. I hope your son can help to recover your kits for you Sherry and you can once again enjoy your scrapping...♥♥

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Computer issues are so frustrating! I hope your son gets it fixed for you!

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
I am so sorry to hear this Sherry it's everyone's nightmare I hope your Son can fix the problem soon for you.xxx

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
I have my program installed on a lap top so at least I have my PSE without installing it again. My PC is loaded, so in order to keep it running at more than a snails pace, I had nearly all of my stuff on the hard drive. Lesson learned; back up the backup! I forgot that I have some of my very early kits saved on flash drives so I'm going to take a look at those today and see what I still have. Nick will be here tomorrow but he is pretty sure that it's nothing to do with my PC reading the drive and that we will probably have to send off the drive to see if the information can be retrieved. Kits can be replaced over time but my pictures sure can't. I still have a lump in my stomach over that! I'm going to try to scrapbook today on the lap top but I hate using that thing. Thanks for all your well wishes! We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
Well, bad news! My son doesn't think there is any way to retrieve my stuff from the external hard drive. He is still going to do some checking with some of his other IT people who might know if there is somewhere to send it off for retrieval. I'm not very hopeful! :(

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Sherry, bad news. Hopefully your son will find someone to retrieve everything off your EHD.