• by Barb

by Tineke

by Evelyn

by Lella

COVID is kicking Ohio's butt!

KimR.

Supreme Senior Member
Kentucky's governor has closed down all indoor dining at restaurants as of today at 5. Gatherings in homes are limited to 8 persons from no more than 2 households. High schools are all virtual until January, elementary schools may open for in-person classes if the county is not in the "red" zone. Most counties have been in the red zone for weeks.

The development of a vaccine looks promising right now, but it will be several months before it is widely distributed. We will see how that goes.

Norma

Gosh so sad to hear about Danny! Prayers he has it mild and recovers soon. Here in Florida our cases go up with no relief lately. Our Governor in my opinion only cares about the economy (which I understand but stil...). Lives matter.

Lididee

Our cases are surging here too in Quebec, Canada and our region has been in a red zone since early October. We have a mask mandate since the pandemic started. You can't go anywhere without one. Disinfectant stations going into stores and on the way out. Just recently all bars, restaurants and gyms closed again. We are not supposed to socialize with anyone who doesn't live with us. Many people defied that order for Thanksgiving (back in mid October here in Canada) and in the following 2 weeks numbers and hospitalizations jumped up drastically. So hubby and I are pretty much isolated. We haven't seen our kids or grandchildren since what feels like forever. Our government says Christmas is pretty much off the table so we'll be celebrating Christmas alone as well. We only go out for essential shopping and then disinfect everything when we get home and then we worry whether we caught something somewhere. Please stay safe everyone and hope and pray that we get a vaccine that works so that we can slowly get back to a semblance of normality.

Jody

The Wanderer.
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
Our cases are surging here too in Quebec, Canada and our region has been in a red zone since early October. We have a mask mandate since the pandemic started. You can't go anywhere without one. Disinfectant stations going into stores and on the way out. Just recently all bars, restaurants and gyms closed again. We are not supposed to socialize with anyone who doesn't live with us. Many people defied that order for Thanksgiving (back in mid October here in Canada) and in the following 2 weeks numbers and hospitalizations jumped up drastically. So hubby and I are pretty much isolated. We haven't seen our kids or grandchildren since what feels like forever. Our government says Christmas is pretty much off the table so we'll be celebrating Christmas alone as well. We only go out for essential shopping and then disinfect everything when we get home and then we worry whether we caught something somewhere. Please stay safe everyone and hope and pray that we get a vaccine that works so that we can slowly get back to a semblance of normality.
I am glad to hear Quebec is taking it seriously and trying to nip it in the bud. Same with Australia, but it seems that is not the case all over the world.

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
We are due to come out of the second lockdown here in England but he is talking about opening up for the Christmas period to let so many households mix - they say family but people won’t stick to that and, as much as I am missing my eldest and his family, we’ve come this far I’d rather stay at home, ride Christmas out and pray that next year is a happier one.
It’s that old saying, give them an inch and they’ll take a mile....people aren’t sticking to what’s been told, they will push their luck and keep pushing so, us sensible ones just need to stick to sensible and we will survive 😍😍

Glyn

The Dreamer
We are due to come out of the second lockdown here in England but he is talking about opening up for the Christmas period to let so many households mix - they say family but people won’t stick to that and, as much as I am missing my eldest and his family, we’ve come this far I’d rather stay at home, ride Christmas out and pray that next year is a happier one.
It’s that old saying, give them an inch and they’ll take a mile....people aren’t sticking to what’s been told, they will push their luck and keep pushing so, us sensible ones just need to stick to sensible and we will survive 😍😍
Too bad more people don't think like you do Karen. I live in Queensland and our Premier copped a lot of flak from Australia's Prime Minister and the NSW Premier, for not opening our borders to the other states. But the fact is, she is looking after the people of Queensland because we don't want the other states bringing in Covid. Somebody has to take a stand. It's not going to just disappear.