• The what, where and when INFORMATION about our end of year Celebration kit.  See HERE.

Craft Artist

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - December
I'd never heard of Craft Artist Chrissy. Off to have a better look...................

zanthia

Esteemed Senior Member
i know lots love it and say how much easier it is than pse.

tried it and actually found it much harder than pse. but then again i ams so used to pse and CA does some things so different - mainly layers i just could not get the hang of it. also from what i can see there are no layer masks . does have some nice effects though.

jirsev

Esteemed Senior Member
I have a program Craft Artist2 Profesional for several years already, but I prefer Photoshop Elements 12 !

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
jirsev;n2785 said:
I have a program Craft Artist2 Profesional for several years already, but I prefer Photoshop Elements 12 !
Hi Jirsev. Welcome to the forum! What is the difference between Craft Artist 2 Professional software and Photoshop Elements 12? I was trying to figure that out on the site.

jirsev

Esteemed Senior Member
Diane's Art;n2794 said:
Hi Jirsev. Welcome to the forum! What is the difference between Craft Artist 2 Professional software and Photoshop Elements 12? I was trying to figure that out on the site.
Hi Diane.
My English is not good. I don't know if I can explain well the difference of software. Craft Artist for me difficult, because it does not support my language. (Czech). Photoshop Elements has a version in my language. The difference is the price. Ca2 has now a great discount. Buy CA2. I got it for full price!
I'm sorry, but otherwise I can't advise. All translates google and it's not good.
Jirsev

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
I own Craft Artist 2 but almost never use it so I can't give you any real details, but as far as I can tell Craft Artist is primarily a program for creating scrapbook layouts and/or greeting cards. With Photoshop Elements (any version) you can improve your photos, make scrap layout pages, and create your own original elements to use for scrap layouts and/or greeting cards. Photoshop Elements can simply do much more, but of course the price is considerably higher.

Last edited:

jilbert

There is a lot of wonderful software strictly for creating scrap layouts (my husband just pointed one out today for the iPad ... he knows I'm looking into apps that work with the iPad/iPhone). While I am limited when it comes to evaluating them because I use Apple products/computers, the ones I have looked at do have a lot going for them if that's ALL you want to do. While purchasing a full blown version of Photoshop is WAY beyond most folks' budget (and what one is willing to invest when in comes to a learning curve), there are also advantages to buying something like Photoshop Elements (less expensive) or equivalent software (which, again, I cannot evaluate because I do not have a Window's computer). One advantage is the one Elaina points out -- improve your photos (and more). What you need to do is make a list of what your want to do ... prioritize it ... and decide how much you are willing to pay for what you want to do.

One thing to keep in mind ... many, if not most, of these applications offer a free evaluation, so definitely take advantage of that before purchasing it ... especially, if your funds are limited.