• Suggest a palette for our end of year members' kit HERE.  Suggestions to be submitted by Tuesday 19th please.

CraftArtist Problems

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Has anyone had problems loading their software since the DaisyTrail store has closed? My software opens to the desktop, but then freezes and I am unable to use it. Could it be because it is trying to link to the store?

Alfred

No problems here, Diane. CA2 runs perfectly happily offline, so it shouldn't be trying to link to the (now nonexistent) DT Shop. Do you have the last update (2.1.0) installed? If you're not sure, go to the Help menu within the program and choose 'Check for Update from Web' (or, also via the Help menu, choose 'About CraftArtist...' and look at the build number reported at the bottom of the splash screen).

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Alfred. I am unable to check for the update because the program freezes as soon as the desktop opens, and I am unable to click on anything.

Alfred

If the program doesn't even launch properly, I suggest that you reset your user settings. Please note that this will remove any program customizations such as brushes, stencils and styles that you have added, so if applicable to your situation you need to create a backup before you reset anything.

Alfred

Good news, Diane! I wonder what could have been causing it to misbehave, but I guess that will have to remain one of life's little mysteries.

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
Diane, since it is a new program to you, I am guessing that you do not have any custom settings or stencils / styles/ etc. that you have made yourself yet installed. If I am right, then if it does this again hold down the control key as you launch the program, it will answer with a prompt asking if you want to re set. you will have 2 options ( As far as I remember ) 1 is just a re set and that is usually enough,and it works ok again. The other takes you back to factory settings, eg you loose everything you have custom made - See the link Alfred posted - It usually does the trick.... Have fun and don't get frustrated.
EDIT ; I just tried to ope​n CA with the control key down. It says you will lose custom settings anyway. so don't take any chances , save your custom settings, if you have any, But I have done this before in the past a few times, and the only time I lost everything was when I ticked the box with also reset shortcuts etc ?? Any one else ???

Last edited:

Alfred

nemla;n69279 said:
EDIT ; I just tried to ope​n CA with the control key down. It says you will lose custom settings anyway. so don't take any chances , save your custom settings, if you have any, But I have done this before in the past a few times, and the only time I lost everything was when I ticked the box with also reset shortcuts etc ?? Any one else ???
The catch is that very often the program still won't behave correctly unless you choose the 'Also delete local settings files' option, because the problem is caused by something in those files.

KarenB

I am getting a new desk top soon and will have to install CA2 on it...I am hoping I won't need to come back to this thread lol :-g​At least you will all be here to help. You are so knowledgeable Alfred and Vivi :)

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Okay, CraftArtist froze again this morning while trying to open, so I reset everything while starting the program. Problem is, I do not know how to re-create a 12 x 12 standard format to open as a new craft project when the program loads. 12 x 12 is pretty much the size I use all the time and I would like to have that preset. I used to have that setting every time the software started, but it is now deleted. Thank you for your help!

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Diane. When the CA opens depending on the option you chose when you installed you either get a start up sort of gray green option box ( the start up wizard ), or the program opens completely. In either case do this ; If it is the start up wizard ,chose either the saved page you were working on before, it does give you that option, or chose the option blank page , and it will open a new window with all the paper sizes available. Chose 12 x 12 .
If it opens as the program complete with workspace. go to edit > new and the option comes from start up wizard ? chose that and do as above.

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
I am on my iPad so this is from memory.

Select the setup tab and choose a page size you want.

Now select tool tab and save preferences or similar. This should now start with your preferred page when you reopen, but doesn't always!

Alfred is the one to ask as he knows how to do everything in Craft Artist.

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
I will give a link under her for a quick tut. But once you have set a working page size, until you have to use CTRL to open , it should stay that way every time you open automatically

Alfred

'Alfred is the one to ask as he knows how to do everything in Craft Artist.'

LOL, Wendy. I wish! Anyway, I think you and Vivi have told Diane everything she needs to know about Page Setup.

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
Don't put yourself down Alfred. You have a lot of good knowledge with CAP. We all know who to turn to for help.👍

Anne

Premier Senior Member
You can 'Save Settings' for your Page Setup by going to 'Tools' and selecting 'Save Settings' which is at the bottom of the list.....you can then check/uncheck as desired what you want to save.
You can also change the Default Font by typing something on your page in the Font you would like as the default...then Right Click on the text and click 'update Default' ......when you 'Save Settings', as mentioned previously, and with the 'Item Defaults' checked it will save your preferences. :)

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
I never knew I could change the default font.... Thanks Anne.