December Progressive Scrap

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - January
It’s time for the December Just Art Progressive Scrap! You will need 2 photos for your page.

I will post 5 instructions for you to follow on these dates:
Step 1: Sunday, December 8
Step 2: Tuesday, December 10
Step 3: Thursday, December 12
Step 4: Saturday, December 14
Step 5: Monday, December 16

Please do not reserve your spot in this thread
as I prefer you to create a new post for each step, linking your work each time. I will comment in the gallery rather than here so be sure you post in the TEMPORARY gallery for steps 1-4. Please follow the instructions for each step, keeping your page in a format which can be edited. DO NOT change anything from the previous step(s) after posting to the gallery!

You will add Steps 1-4 to the TEMPORARY Progressive Gallery found here. Label these December Progressive Step 1, December Progressive Step 2, etc. This gallery will be deleted by Robyn after the scrap has ended. You will post your final page (Step 5) in the Progressive Scrap Gallery.

I'll keep the instructions pretty simple as I know everyone is busy this time of year!

NOTE: You may add shadows at any time. (Some prefer to add as they go, some prefer to add when finalizing the page. Either method works for me!)

So now to begin...
Step 1: Add a background paper to your page. Choose another paper (let’s call it paper 2) and place it above the background, covering about one-third to one-half of the background. Then create a mat of any shape from another paper. This should be approximately three-fourths the size of your page (i.e., my page is 12 x 12 so my mat is 8 x 8). Center this mat on the page, placing it between the paper 2 and the background paper.

Here's mine:

Step 2: Add a vertical or horizontal line of elements to the page (depending on the placement of paper 2) with some being above and some below the paper. Your elements should include at least 3 different items, one or more of them being a string or ribbon.

Here's mine:

Add Step 2 to the TEMPORARY Progressive Gallery found here. Label it December Progressive Step 2.

You get a little break since you did all of that clustering on the last step!

Step 3: Add 2 photos to the page. Place one between the mat and paper 2. Place the other on top of paper 2.

Add Step 3 to the TEMPORARY Progressive Gallery found here. Label it December Progressive Step 3.

Another quick step today, I know everyone is busy this time of year!

Step 4: Add a cluster of elements touching one of the photos. Add a tag touching the other photo.

Add Step 4 to the TEMPORARY Progressive Gallery found here. Label it December Progressive Step 4.

It's time for the final step. I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I've enjoyed seeing the progress of your pages!

Step 5: Add a title on or around the cluster created in step 4. Add some journaling on the tag you added by the other photo.
That’s it! You may move or change the size of ONE item on your page if you wish.

Add your final page to the Progressive Gallery found
here. Label it December Progressive Final. Be sure to include credits for the photos and kit you use.

I scraplifted this darling page by @Caro to create the instructions for this progressive!

Last edited: