Feb 2016 Creative Tutorial | Using the Magic Wand

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
Well good grief! I was using the quick selection tool. No wonder I was having trouble!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Old age is getting me! I will try it again using the right tool and see how that goes! Thanks for your help.

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
darn it! I wrote a whole dialogue for you Stacey but I must not have clicked the Post button! lol!! okay, in a nutshell..... are you desaturating your photo? and when applying a Levels or Curves adjustment are getting some grey tones happening.......... not just dark and light areas............ I have posted a pic in the second post that might explain it a bit better :) but don't give up!! I am here to help you sweets! xx

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
aww what a cute little kitty kat! what a terrific artsy page and I am so glad you had fun and joined us for the challenge! :)

Gabi

Premier Senior Member
Thank you so much for these challenge! I have to try it!!!
​It's such a pitty that the tutorial is pasted as a picture.
So can't help me a Translater!
So the translation is so a much more difficult task!

Gabi

Premier Senior Member
Thank you so much for your comforting words!
Now I have energetic support!
Thousand Thanks, dearest girlfriends! ♥ ♥ ♥

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
It took a while to find a photo that I though would work well. Here's what I came up with:

Last edited:

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
wow! this is awesome Kythe! love the photo that you chose and your choice of papers and elements is just stunning!

Rosalie

Here is my page for this challenge Thank you! .All pictures are wonderful, my failed somewhat modest.

Last edited:

Gabi

Premier Senior Member
Thank you so much for wonderful inspitation and fantastic tutorial, dearest Ona!
Here finally is my page: