Feb Color Challenge

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
LOL...love the funny picture you chose to scrap. The three paper layers and the lovely flowers go together beautifully.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Patricia, the photo you chose seems very mysterious to me. The entire layout is interesting but I particularly like the black element on the left with all the squares and the buttons on it. The brushes on the background are a nice touch.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Kim, love the little doodled pieces you created as accents. That lego set came out beautifully, I don't know if I would have had the patience to put it together. Love the photo of the finished piece with that sweet, smiling face.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Btw, just for a change, I commented on the layout page instead of here. ;)

I really like the way the brush you used colored this image in such a subtle way.

Patricia

Premier Senior Member
thank you Janice and Elaina! The photo is my granddad walking down a street...
The elements are from a kit by Creative Victorian Designs. I couldn't resist buying her whole store when she retired... so many pretty things..

Last edited:

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
I love how the photos tell the story - great layout and really cute girl. I love that lego kit. I had boys and many many lego sets, but I don't think they would've appreciated if I had bought them that kit.

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
:) I'm glad you like it: I like the swirls too: that is why I do it. The little swirly is supposed to be a brush & while I can save it as a brush in PSP, I do not know how to share it as a brush. I knew how long ago: L.O.L. If anyone with PSP (LOL) can tell me how, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Digi-Scrap

Premier Senior Member
4Notesake: The preview doesn't do these papers justice, one must open them up to see them in their creative program, to really appreciate these papers!!

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Cyndi, I think the way to share the brush from PSP would be to 'stamp' it on to a transparent layer and then export it as a .png. It wouldn't be an actual brush per se, but I believe that PS users could convert it to one...or use it as is.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Okay everyone...I just got permission from Robyn to hold a monthly color challenge...yippeee! :-c

I love choosing colors. So, be on the lookout for a new color challenge during the first week of March.

Btw, I know many of you love Purple as do I, so you may be seeing a lot of that color. If there are any other favorites...please let me know.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
I will look forward to it Elaina............and THANK YOU!

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - July
Elaina, great news that you'll be hosting a monthly color challenge! I love purple!

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Challenge Host - July
I love purple too. I also like a blue/green/yellow combination.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Thanks for the input...keep it coming. I have a color set in mind already for March. I need to make the strip with the hex numbers on it. February is a short month...even in leap year. It gets confusing...of course, I'm easily confused...lol.