Feb Quote Challenge Vincent van Gogh

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Patricia, love your gorgeous tribute to Vincent van Gogh. This beautiful painting is on the cover of my museum exhibition book of Van Gogh, Gaugin, Cezanne and Beyond. Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Evelyn, the colors of the beautiful background and the frame brightens up the dark Potato Eaters painting. As the saying goes beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
This little piece was the painting that brought me to tears when I saw Vincent's signature and felt his presence ... I relate to this quote of his, it is as current as any about putting paint to canvas

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Sue, love the magnificent painting with his signature on your gorgeous and elegant page. This quote is meaningful to you as you are also a mixed media artist. Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
This is one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings. The colors are so rich and the yellow of the building makes everything just pop out at you. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to sit at that cafê and sip wine under that beautiful starry sky?

Thank you for this challenge Grace. I really enjoyed hunting for a painting to use.

Elk Fan

Esteemed Senior Member
Here is my quote layout.

I made the painting using papers that I created and the Irises were extracted from photos of the Iris in my
garden. The orange flowers were also from my garden. The frame is a freebie that I was given in my
Creative Black and White class.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Elaina, the beautiful blue background, gold frame and quote are perfect for this masterpiece. This is also one of my favorite paintings and I love the colors. Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Diane, love the beautiful winter scene you created for the fabulous quote and I love the answer! Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Veronica, love your beautifully designed page of the view of Arles and the wonderful quote. The colors are gorgeous! Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Sherry, love the gorgeous painting you created and love the beautiful background and quote--it's fabulous! Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Sherry, this is so lovely. Those irises are gorgeous and I envy you having them in your garden. When we lived in Maryland I had 5 or 6 unusual varieties of Iris, but they are alas, Northern flowers and won't grow here. Good thing I like Hibiscus isn't it? :)

Ursula

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you for the challenge Grace. There are so many wonderful painting from Van Gogh.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - October
Ursula, love the masking of the beautiful painting and the splashes of color and the quote on your gorgeous page. Thank you for participating in this month's quote challenge.

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - October
Thank you, Grace, for the challenge. Here's mine.

I used Auto Painter HD, an iPad app, to change this photo I took to a "van Gogh" style painting.

teenybop61

O chose the quote:
I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. and here is my LO

I used MarnieJo's House of Scraps kit Winter Kisses. Photos are mine I took of the northern lights from my backyard a few months ago.