February 2016 Just Art Challenge

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Hi Ev,

I don't know what the original image looked like before you applied the style, but I can see the analogous colors in this image. I think they were all there to begin with, but with different saturation's and values. See my message just below Dady's.

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
maybe I just need more wine ... it looks more monochromatic to me ... and, you're such a teacher, Elaina ... thanks for taking the time to do this ♥

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
besides him being so cute ... I really like what you did here with not only the colors but the bits and pieces ... and the framing

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
you picked up the colors of the foliage nicely Patricia and really showcased the photo with all the brush work

Sue C

Esteemed Senior Member
Jil .. I didn't use your brushes for this piece so will have to try another ... want to use those brushes ... this circus image was perfect for this challenge

nightshadow

Premier Senior Member
Ev,

Analogous and Monochromatic color schemes are very similar.

The Monochromatic color scheme uses variations in the lightness/darkness (value) and saturation (how much or how little gray a color contains) of a 'single' color.

The Analogous color scheme uses colors which are similar to each other (because they are in close proximity) on the color wheel. They are usually of the same value and saturation, but this isn't a hard and fast rule.

As you can see by the above definitions, the basic difference between the two is whether or not a 'single' color has been used. In the case of your image, both yellow-green and blue-green are incorporated, so the image leans more toward being Analogous.

I can give you an example of a strictly Monochromatic color scheme if you want it. Just let me know.

Elizabeth

I'm having so much fun with the color wheel, Jill's brushes and blur filters in Photoshop...I may never get a LO done! Great challenge.

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
I'm with you, Elizabeth. It's on my sketch board, but I keep playing and playing and------------I'll get it done one of these days!