• Our December Progressive Scrap has started.  See HERE.   Thank you to Kim for hosting.

February 2016 Template Challenge

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
Grace, love your beautiful page - love the wonderful colors, and the matching elements, it`s a very elegant page design! I am glad that you used my template

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
SO ... there was an article in The Dispatch (Ocean City, MD) about the white dolphin spotted there this past summer... that got me checking up on albino animals ... then I saw this white deer and read about an old Army depot in Seneca, NY ... dolphins don't need camouflage but deer do ... these deer are in a protected, confined area but there are white deer in the wild who seem to do just fine. This one is not truly abino because it has colored eyes

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/monthly-challenges/p6438-no-place-to-hide.html

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
beautiful page design, I love the colors of the tiles - they matches so lovely withe the colors of the photo! Albinos are in the wildlife always something special and very vulnerable ! Thank you for using my template, Evelyn!

cats4jan

Premier Senior Member
Veronika - thanks for hosting this challenge and providing the template

Kit: Daily Digi Everyday Life
Photo by cats4jan

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host - December
Hi Julie, Here are some links to instructions for using templates if you haven't already found something:

http://kaylaaimee.com/how-to-use-layered-digital-scrapbooking-templates/
http://aliedwards.com/2010/01/scrapbooking-with-your-computer-creating-layouts-with-layered-templates-video-tutorial

Basically, you can put your photo or paper above the layer on the template and then use Control>G, just like you do with masks.

I think your post got lost in this thread, so if you have questions you might want to start a new thread in the forum or PM someone. Good luck!

Squirrel

Hi Kim

Many thanks for your message. I appreciate your help. Strangely enough, cats4jan sent me a message earlier this evening about this. What a coincidence ;)

I've managed to sort it just a short while ago this evening, having watched a video on YouTube that Janice suggested. Obviously, that then led on to other video tutorials and, as a result, I seem to have a much better understanding

Janice pointed out that Veronika's template was 'grouped' and that Elements doesn't have the ability to ungroup. That comment rang some bells so I checked in my Actions folder and found the action required, which works in PSE. So, I have now ungrouped the template layers and have been able to put several different photos into a variety of the diamonds :)

I will now try to create a design and use Clipping to get some pictures in the boxes.

So, many thanks for your message. I'm very pleased to have posted some links. I'll be taking a look at them too.
Julie

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
I'm glad you're getting it figured out, Julie! I look forward to seeing your page.

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
WOW- so beautiful, Geraldine ! I love your work and photo treatment, I love the stiches - You are so talented!

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
Ah- Janice, the Spring is coming with your beautiful page - love the flower and fresh colors so much!!!

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
WOW, Patricia, such a goegeous page !! Love all the colors togehter with the B&W Photo - and the different shadows of the shapes-> so beautiful use of the template !

Veronika

Supreme Senior Member
Kim, thank you so much for your help !
Dear Julie, my english is bad and I can`t explain very much - I am so sorry.
I am so happy to read, that you are found a way to use the template !

Evelyn

Esteemed Senior Member
Veronika gave us another link to the template with everything ungrouped ... that's the one I used

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
PSE users apparently can't use templates that are grouped. I don't know about other software programs.

Squirrel

Thanks Robyn

You're right, in that PSE users are unable to 'Un-Group'. However, although PSE is not able to record Actions, PSE can use Actions. I have such an Action that will Group and Ungroup in PSE and, once I had realised this was the problem, I have been able to Un-Group Veronika's template and consequently I am able to use it.

I understand that Veronika has since posted an 'Un-Grouped' version of the template so now PSE users are able to use her template. Many thanks to Veronika.

Perhaps other Photoshop users are now aware of the fact that PSE users are unable to un-group and will, in future, post un-grouped versions of templates? Alternatively, PSE users can perhaps obtain the Action?

Julie