February Progressive Scrap

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
2021 Project 52 Challenge Host
Good morning/evening everybody - I'm sorry I'm a late today starting - it's Valentines and Hubby decided to give me breakfast in bed (who am I to complain;)). Anyway it’s that time again and I hope you’ll join in with me and enjoy.

Firstly please know that your first 4 parts of this challenge should only be placed in the TEMPORARY Progressive Scrap gallery, these will be deleted by Robyn after you have all posted your final days. Your final page will then be posted in the normal monthly challenges/progressive scrap gallery.

Please first upload each part to the correct gallery and then post/embed with the link back here …..it is preferable if your parts are put into a new post for each one (not added to the same post) as this will notify me (notifications are not given when posts are edited) or, if you do want to keep in the same post then please also tag me @Pekarokiki - I don’t want to miss your pages

Part 2 will be on Tuesday 16th February
Part 3 Thursday 18th February
Part 4 Saturday 20th February
Final Monday 22nd February

Heads up that you’ll need 1 image for later. OK let's go.....

STEP 1

Let's start by selecting 3 papers - 2 solid and 1 with a pattern - depending on your pattern, if it's not equal then more pattern on the edges really than in the middle
  • Use 1 solid paper (darkest) as your background
  • Add your patterned paper on top approx 100px smaller than the background
  • Create a new layer and make a frame/border just inside the edges of the patterned paper using the 2nd solid paper and give it a bevelled edge
  • Repeat the last step making it slightly smaller than the last so that it gives the appearance of being raised from the paper - shadows can be added later if required.
To do the last step (not that any of you need any direction) I made a selection just inside the patterned paper roughly where I want my frame/border to be (the square selection tool) then selected border (on PS - Select, Modify, Border; on ArtStudioPro which I use it is Select then Border - sorry I don't use CA but it possibly is similar) My first one I made 50px and the second 40px;
Still with the marching ants on import your 2nd solid paper (on PS it is Edit, Paste Special, Paste In Place in ArtStudio I have to paste in place and then invert and cut, leaving just the border selected)
Now using FX, Bevel your frame/border

STEP 2
Now choose another light paper - no patterns but can have subtle brushwork or light texture

• Make this paper smaller again than the patterned paper - try to keep it uniform and apologies to those of you where the central part of your patterned paper is more prominent
  • Roughen the edges on this paper I used Rough Edges Brushes by Richard Stelmach from Brusheezy.com there are also some grunge brushes on deviantart.com - SDWHaven Grunge Borders and Brushes or use whatever you have in your stash/on the system that you use - have a play but, don’t lose too much of your paper - you just want to roughen the edges up (we can come back later and take more off if you want to show more of your patterned paper underneath)
STEP 3 - PLEASE REMEMBER AFTER PUTTING YOUR LO IN THE TEMPORARY GALLERY TO ALSO POST IT BACK HERE WITH THE LINK SO THAT I DON’T MISS IT
I'm really hoping that you're all enjoying this month’s progressive and that it's not frustrating you too much :unsure:
  • Please choose your image - we’re going to mask the image and you want it to cover at least half to 3/4 of your paper added in the last step
  • Choose or make a clipping mask, clip your image to this and position it on on your page - Kythe has a tutorial for this at OScraps
  • Add some brushwork or overlay and maximum 6 elements in the bottom left corner - keeping mainly within the boundaries of the top paper
STEP 4 - OK, for this part you have a choice but you must do one thing or the other……..
  • In the opposite corner to your cluster either - Add another larger cluster. This doesn’t have to be flowers - use whatever compliments your page OR
  • Add a quote - NOT A TITLE or some sort of journalling
FINAL STEP - Thank you everybody for joining in this month’s Progressive Scrap and I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as me - so far all of your pages are amazing and I’m really looking forward to seeing the finals. Now’s the time to finalise your LO so here we go….
  • Add any shadows if required
  • Add a minimum of 3 more items i.e frame your image, add an overlay, add brushwork, add a title or, anything else that you want to finish your page off
  • PLEASE REMEMBER THIS TIME TO UPLOAD YOUR FINAL IMAGE TO THE MEMBERS/MONTHLY CHALLENGE GALLERY and then again, post back here with the link to the Gallery
That’s it, you’re done :-16 :-kJA5

Step 1 1613784146517.png Step 2 1613784023357.png Step 3 1613784237636.png step 4.
1613953851033.png

MY FINAL DAY

Last edited:

Carmen R

Challenge Host - February
full

Thanks for the challenge.
Here is my day 1.
As the programm I use does't have a tool to make bevelled edges, I tried to mimic that with some shadows.
Looking forward to day 2!
I love the patterned papers so pretty