Filter Challenge: INVERT

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
OK, so are you all ready for another filter challenge? I was so thrilled at what you all did with the LIQUIFY filter; I can't wait to see what you do with this one!!

For this filter, we go to the ADJUSTMENTS filters. In PSE, there are six filters under the Adjustment filters. We will be playing with the INVERT filter. I love this filter because it makes whatever you invert look like a negative of your original. In my sample, I inverted the background paper that I turned on an angle. Then after using the INVERT filter on it, I changed the hue to get the color you see. Then I inverted my photo. I love the black daisies against my bright yellow daisy. I also changed my orange paper to yellow just to pick up on the yellow daisy.

For those of you with other programs; use whatever you have to make a negative out of whatever you want to change. Just play around and make it your own!!! Can't wait to see what you all do!! HAVE FUN!!

My original layout::

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/monthly-challenges/p29838-filter-challenge-invert.html

And here is the same layout using the INVERT filter:

https://gallery.justartscrapbooking.com/monthly-challenges/p29839-filter-challenge-invert.html

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
Oh, please do, and share with us. I so look forward to seeing what other programs can do with my filter challenges!!

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - February
This looks interesting Nancy. Will have to see if Affinity has a similar filter. xxx

NancyP

Esteemed Senior Member
I have no doubt you will come up with something!! Can't wait to see what you will do!

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
I don't have PSE so I played around with the filters in Craft Artist until I came up with an image that is similar to a negative. I hope this is okay Nancy.

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
@ Diane'sArt

CA photolab, pro edit , negative with a mask applied to protect the face.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Thank you for this fabulous challenge Nancy. Really enjoyed playing with Invert. Never used it before.xxxxx

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Fantastic use of the filter Barb. Gorgeous page. xxx

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Fabulous design and use of the filter. Love the grungy look. xxxx

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Rosie. I did not know Craft Artist had the negative filter. I just found it. I used another filter to make it look similar.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I started off using Affinity Photo but got a bit fed up with it so I used the negative effect on CA and made some color changes.

Alfred

I'm curious to know why you got fed up trying to use Affinity Photo for this, Rosie. Fantastic result, anyway!