For Our Australian Friends

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
As I watch the news on the TV I’m left with no words...These fires are so dreadful, really, what can any of us say. This moving video says it all.
God Bless you all and keep you safe.

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
This is so moving Lillias I am so heartbroken about the fires in Australia the people that have lost everything the animals that have nowhere to shelter the firemen and volunteers the whole of Australia is suffering so much I can only pray for rain and hope it comes quickly words cannot express the horror of what is happening.

Kythe

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host - February
I read that 24 people have been charged with deliberately starting some of the fires. Can you believe how stupid that is?
Bless all those on the front lines and those who have been, and are in, the path of destruction.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
This is absolutely heartbreaking. My thoughts are with the people of Australia and, of course, the wildlife who have no escape. I hope they get some more rain soon. 😢😢😢

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
And even more heartbreaking and so hard to comprehend is that some people have been charged with looting!

The fires are nowhere near me but I think all of Australia is feeling the impact of this dreadful tragedy and there just seems to be no end to it. Some of the fire areas have had a little rain over the last day or so, but nowhere nearly enough to stop this ongoing threat. More severe fire weather is forecast in the coming days. Our country is so very dry and many parts have been experiencing drought conditions for years now! Loss of life and property is dreadful and the wildlife in these areas has been devastated. Thankfully in among all the charities that are now raising money, there are also charities devoted to help the wildlife.

I'm currently at our shack on the east coast of Tasmania. It is so dry here that most of our block is just dirt, no grass at all, not even weeds will grow here. We built here about 35 years ago and I have never seen it this dry.

kellygirl!

it is so sad to watch the news and see all the devastation. here I sit on the West Coast of Canada where there is no stop to the rain these days! if only I could send some their way...

Robyn

Staff member
it is so sad to watch the news and see all the devastation. here I sit on the West Coast of Canada where there is no stop to the rain these days! if only I could send some their way...
There are parts of Australia (mainly inland Australia) where there has been NO rain at all for years!! Can you even imagine that.

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
The wildfires in Australia are sad and heartbreaking. It’s on the TV news every day and the size of the fires is enormous and devastating.

Lindsay

Premier Senior Member
It certainly is devastating. I have not been scrapbooking for a few days as I am busy sewing pouches for the poor animals that are without a mum to take care of them. The NZ charity called HUHA has sent volunteers to help with the animal crisis and I’m doing my bit by creating these pouches. I hate to see the animals suffer. I’ll be back soon 😊

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
The devastation is heartbreaking.:cry: And to think that someone deliberately started it makes me furious!:mad:

Pekarokiki

Esteemed Senior Member
It beggars belief that somebody is actually purposely starting these fires and looting too.....just hoping and praying there is an end to all this soon :-f :-f

Robyn

Staff member
The reports you are receiving are not always accurate. Yes, certainly some fires were deliberately lit, but most of the fires resulted from dry lightning strikes.