• Suggest a palette for our end of year members' kit HERE.  Suggestions to be submitted by Tuesday 19th please.

Great bundle deal for Affinity users!

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
If you decide to purchase Rosie, let me know what you think of it.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
If you decide to purchase Rosie, let me know what you think of it.
I will Robyn. The problem is I an not sure that I will be able to import these brushes into Affinity at the moment. 😕

Robyn

Staff member
I will Robyn. The problem is I an not sure that I will be able to import these brushes into Affinity at the moment. 😕
I am thinking about purchasing Affinity so I sent them an email asking them about this importing brushes problem since the last update. They tell me it is being fixed, but the fix doesn't seem to be very speedy in coming does it. I won't purchase until it is fixed. I feel the program is devalued while this problem remains.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I am thinking about purchasing Affinity so I sent them an email asking them about this importing brushes problem since the last update. They tell me it is being fixed, but the fix doesn't seem to be very speedy in coming does it. I won't purchase until it is fixed. I feel the program is devalued while this problem remains.
I'm totally fed up with them. They should have fixed this by now. I think they are working on other fixes as well but why they won't just do this one thing and then work on the others is beyond me.

Robyn

Staff member
Yes, it makes me cautious about a purchase. It's really not good enough that existing customers who used to be able to import brushes can no longer do so!!

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
Read on the Affinity forum that you can import brushes if you use the Beta version. Will have to download the Beta and see.

WendyP

Premier Senior Member
Installed the Designer Beta and just imported one of the Affinity brush sets with no problem. Doesn't seem to be working in the Photo Beta though.

Robyn

Staff member
If you bought the program you shouldn't have to resort to the Beta version to get it to work IMO.

zanthia

Esteemed Senior Member
i downloaded affinity photo to try and couldnt even get it to launch and apparently there is no way to bypass the welcome window like there is in photoshop elements.

Robyn

Staff member
I was going to buy it, but holding off for now. I downloaded the trial version and used it. I think in the main it's very user friendly, but sounds like it has some bugs.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I have bought the bundle and Stewart is in the process of putting the brushes and assets on Affinity . So far so good. I will play with them tomorrow 😊