Grid Template For Craft Artist 2

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Is there a way to create a grid template in Craft Artist 2, or is there a link to one created? I would like to use one for March's Finish The Sentence Challenge with 9 grids.

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
At the bottom, third across from the left I think is an icon that looks like a grid called the rule of thirds xxxxx

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
There is the before mentioned rule of thirds grid,bit that does not stay on your page when you save it..there is also a grid on the top task bar under shapes..

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Vivi. I found and used the rule of thirds grid in the bottom right corner of the software. How would you used the grid in the shapes menu?

zepper

When you draw the grid shape on your page there should be an 'EDIT' box in the bottom right corner of the shape. Click this to bring nodes either side of the square (usually on the left) where you can drag them to alter the size, shape and number of the boxes to suit your needs. To make them visible, on the colour tab on the top right hand side, bring 'LINE' to the front , colour it what you want ,then click on the line TAB and increase the line width and there you go... This method though will remain on your page. You would need to use the scissor tool to cut them up and thats another story or you can drag the shape to the punches tab (convert to picture first), delete the one on your page, bring the punch shape back and do the biz.......I could go on but......

Within the Craftartist software there is a help section... Just click on help/craftartist help and a box will open where you can type your question. On the Serif website there are some very good tutorials just look for the legacy software part...

Hope this helps you out : 0)

Last edited:

nemla

Esteemed Senior Member
Either use the scissors to cut along the lines , so it can separate, or give the lines a colour, and make them maybe .5 pt, so they show, then add an effect, or a shadow.

Diane's Art

Esteemed Senior Member
Thank you Zepper! Can you insert paper or a photo into each section of the grid instead of coloring it?

zepper

Sorry Diane ,I dont know what you mean....The only thing I can think of is dragging the PUNCHED frame to the FRAMES section but you would have to mess around with the polycurves.....

Last edited: