Holiday/Vacation

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Hi everyone yes it is that time again we are off to Italy on Saturday..we have just started to pack our suitcases we are so in need of some sun as our weather has been dreadful here if we get one day of sunshine then the next day it well be pouring down...yesterday Hubby and I managed to pot up the Summer bedding before we go as it was a lovely sunny day but today the plants are soaking hopefully they will survive my poor Ornamental Poppies in the garden have had a bashing :-N luckily there are still plenty of buds to open.... :)
We dont know yet if the walk in shower will be put in while we are away as the person has not been round to have a look yet :( hopefully he will come before we go if not we will leave the keys with our neighbour whose son-in-law is going to do the job everything is ready and waiting for him....
I will still be commenting as I will have my tablet with me now we have a new site..Thank you to Robyn and all your hard work I will be able to give out some gallery stands out as on the old site we did not have the embed so I always missed out not being able to do that and as one can't sit all day in the sun anymore I might not be able to scrap but I will still be in touch.
We are back on the 26th fingers crossed the shower will be finished ...I will need a couple of days to get the washing and do some shopping and then I can catch up on everything see you soon.xxx

Last edited:

KimR.

Administrator and Supreme Senior Member
Staff member
Challenge Host
Enjoy your trip, Mary! I hope your shower is finished when you return!

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Please, please bring back some nice summery weather with you ! My daughter and family are off to Alcudia at the weekend and I've asked them to bring back some better weather too !!!!! It rained all day yesterday, today and that's the weather forecast for tomorrow too :(. Hope you have a great time and come home to a lovely new walk in shower, enjoy your holiday 🕶☀🏖 xxx

Ursula

Esteemed Senior Member
Have a wonderful holiday and a good time in Italy. Where are you going?
To be honest, I prefer the mixed weather we actually have. Last year with this enormous heat was not so good.

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Italy! How wonderful Mary, I can but dream. Living down under, it is so expensive to actually get to these places. I have been to Italy once (briefly) but over 20 years ago now.

I hope you have a wonderful time and don't worry too much about doing anything here, just enjoy your holiday!!

JanD

Premier Senior Member
Challenge Host
Have a wonderful time, Mary and don't worry about what you left behind..............it will sort itself out! And I will hope you are resting whilst in Italy (swoon), looking out on the water and watching the surfers. Safe travels and much love! xoxoxo :-62 :-62 :-62

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host
Mary, have a wonderful and fabulous time in Italy! I'm always amazed at how many comments you leave when you are on vacation--especially when using a tablet!

Have a wonderful time Poppy. I loved our time in Italy last year, especially Rome. I have no luck with Poppies here in Auckland, New Zealand, South Island is better as it gets colder winters. Bon Voyage ✈

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Have a wonderful holiday and a good time in Italy. Where are you going?
To be honest, I prefer the mixed weather we actually have. Last year with this enormous heat was not so good.
We go up North to Lake Garda the town is called Riva del Garda it is right at the side of the lake where you always have a gentle breeze Ursula.xxx

Poppy

Supreme Senior Member
Hi everyone we have arrived in Italy it is hot 28c Barb and getting hotter by the day according to the locals here ..... we have had a nice lunch by the pool unpacked everything had 40 winks as we left 2.30 am this morning with no sleep the flight was good we are in holiday mode now hugs to everyone.xxx

Barb

Esteemed Senior Member
Okay Mary, don't gloat that you have got all the nice weather and had lunch by the pool :cool:. Chance would be a fine thing just go outdoors here at the moment :(.Glad you arrived safely and have had a nap to catch up on your sleep a bit. Enjoy and have a fab time 🏖❤

Last edited:

doglvr49

Esteemed Senior Member
Sounds like you are already enjoying your holiday, Mary. Can you also send some of that nice weather to the Midwestern USA? :)

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host
Mary, it's wonderful that the weather is good and that you're in a holiday mode!