SHARE I'd like to share this with you - 2022.

Rose Thorn

Challenge Host - October
Seen on Facebook. Here is the link to the site. There are a lot of other funny quotes aso.
295738729_579052460403909_1839617964244139339_n.jpg
Thank you Ursula, I adore the little video clip of the smiling dog (so precious)!

Reactions: Ev

Dalsi

Hi, I actually got the email a month ago about the art exhibition at the Rijks Museum on photography. I thought maybe some could be interested due to the amazing photographers who create beautiful layouts at Just Art Scrapbooking. The history & the amount of basically beautiful photographs seem endless & lots of cats! Probably other animals as well.

So being in Australia, I found the exhibition is very accessible online.

I find a lot of photographs, regardless of age is copyrighted & for me, part of the joy of this exhibition is the amount of beautiful photographs that are free to use. So it’s amazing to view & build my photography collection for scrapping. So I’ll be scrapping old photography for a while…

Maybe it’s already known about this exhibition but thought if not it is super interesting.

Online I found this museum has the best site & the app was good but I haven’t used the app since the lockdowns ended.

D9A6A1AC-5424-4DFD-90F7-D8F2F92FE63A.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Hi, I actually got the email a month ago about the art exhibition at the Rijks Museum on photography. I thought maybe some could be interested due to the amazing photographers who create beautiful layouts at Just Art Scrapbooking. The history & the amount of basically beautiful photographs seem endless & lots of cats! Probably other animals as well.

So being in Australia, I found the exhibition is very accessible online.

I find a lot of photographs, regardless of age is copyrighted & for me, part of the joy of this exhibition is the amount of beautiful photographs that are free to use. So it’s amazing to view & build my photography collection for scrapping. So I’ll be scrapping old photography for a while…

Maybe it’s already known about this exhibition but thought if not it is super interesting.

Online I found this museum has the best site & the app was good but I haven’t used the app since the lockdowns ended.

View attachment 217241
Thank you for your post, Dalsi - Can you please describe the exact search words
for the free photos to us ? A quick search did not show up anything to me.:-13

Dalsi

Thank you for your post, Dalsi - Can you please describe the exact search words
for the free photos to us ? A quick search did not show up anything to me.:-13
I’m hoping I can put a link here, if I cannot I’ll remove it.

So Mattie Boom is the curator for the exhibition & what I see from the site is people create groups with different works in them, like with her photography groups. As you grow comfortable with the site you will see. I sometimes just go down a rabbit hole…. Anyway a lot of the photos are still copyrighted & they are the ones that usually have people in them. So this may not seem as easy as I thought, sometimes you use something for so long you forget.

Anyway, you join, choose your language. They don’t bombard you with emails. Use the link I’ve added to go to the photography exhibition. When you click on a work, you can save it for later (on the site)&/or download it.

Open the work you like, on the bottom right you will see a series of small boxes. The heart is to save to your collection, then next to that is a curved arrow, click on that & you can download it. If it is copyrighted, it will tell you & you cannot download it. There should be 4 or 5 boxes. If you see just 2, I refresh the page & the curved download arrow will appear. Sounds fiddly, it is a bit but I guess I have gotten use to using it. You are welcome to pm me if you want. Anyone is.

Most of the art is downloadable & free to use. Photographs are not so much but the exhibition has a lot that you can download.

If you are looking for a good resource for vintage photographs, my favourite search engine for free to use picryl

It can take you on journeys & you need patience to find what you want. I don’t know if this one is common knowledge, it maybe but if not it’s good to use. It’s a search engine that searches different galleries & museums. A lot of photos of pages from books, I think, lol. You will get photos, posters, magazine covers & drawings, writings etc. Since it searches places like The library of Congress, sometimes there are upsetting photos but you learn not to look & not too many, it’s for historical retention…some will be great for Halloween if you search “ghost photography.” You can search by collection & I like Glamourous. Sorry for being so verbose. I hoped i helped, I’m just very passionate about finding great vintage/historical photos for my stock photo collection & love to share what I learn & use. I though maybe you maybe interested in looking further with beautiful older photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ev

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Dalsi, thanks so much ! I don´t think this links are allowed but I´ve already
copied them by now. I´ll check them out now and the thing with the down-
loads etc. sounds a lot like at Deviant Art.
Yes, I´m interested in Vintage photos and found some at Flickr.
So thanks again ! :-26

Dalsi

Dalsi, thanks so much ! I don´t think this links are allowed but I´ve already
copied them by now. I´ll check them out now and the thing with the down-
loads etc. sounds a lot like at Deviant Art.
Yes, I´m interested in Vintage photos and found some at Flickr.
So thanks again ! :-26
Your welcome but it sounds you have things sorted. I always forget about the other sites. I did remove the links in my post jic. I can’t believe how much I wrote. I was in a verbose mood I guess. Thank you for your interest.

Blackthorne

Premier Senior Member
Your welcome but it sounds you have things sorted. I always forget about the other sites. I did remove the links in my post jic. I can’t believe how much I wrote. I was in a verbose mood I guess. Thank you for your interest.
Don´t worry, some things need to be explained ! ;)