QUESTION IMPORTANT QUESTIONS - please read!

zepper

Gin sipper
EDIT from Robyn. I've moved the two posts below from the July Chit Chat thread as I feel they will be more noticed in a thread of their own.

I'm sad that there is so much AI on here now... I have loads of traditional kits that I have bought from artists who have put a lot of effort in to create and we are not using them anymore.. I am guilty now and then but I mainly use what I have.. and I am fed up of the gallery being flooded with pages of new kits.. unknown if they have been bought by members but it P**s me off(sorry) when they don't say if its a creative page etc.... Oh I don't know.... maybe I should give up..mojo has got up and gone... will still have a go at a page now and then but......Nothing inspires me anymore... : 0(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sad that there is so much AI on here now... I have loads of traditional kits that I have bought from artists who have put a lot of effort in to create and we are not using them anymore.. I am guilty now and then but I mainly use what I have.. and I am fed up of the gallery being flooded with pages of new kits.. unknown if they have been bought by members but it P**s me off(sorry) when they don't say if its a creative page etc.... Oh I don't know.... maybe I should give up..mojo has got up and gone... will still have a go at a page now and then but......Nothing inspires me anymore... : 0(

Unfortunately Debbie AI is everywhere on the internet, including here.

Yes we have a lot of CT pages in our gallery. I have tried my very best to reign in this influx by creating rules for CT members, but to be honest I'm not sure it's working too well! It's just too much work for me to police every page that is uploaded to the gallery and to determine who is following the rules and who isn't. It's bad enough when I disable membership for people not following the rules and then get nasty replies back!

I don't know what to do about it or how to fix it. The only thing I can think of, and it would be very drastic, is to delete every member and ask people to sign up again and pay for the privilege. I can't image that too many members (and especially people who mainly create just CT pages) would bother if they had to pay for membership. In other words, create what would be a private club scenario.

QUESTIONS TO ALL MEMBERS.............

Are you feeling the same as Debbie?
Are you also feeling uninspired?
Are you too fed up/annoyed with what you are seeing here at Just Art?
Would you prefer to see this a closed private site and pay for membership?

I AM HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS and invite discussion on this topic.

You do a wonderful job Robyn looking after all the members on here.
I sympathise with Debbie, for me I have no problems with AI
I acknowledge that AI is here to stay,I don't mind it,I have used photo's that have been altered with AI,
AI does not uninspire me..
I am not annoyed seeing AI.
I hope it doesn't come to being a private site,if it does I would willingly pay..

Last edited:
So sorry Robyn, didn’t mean to be an arse (had a few G&T’s when I posted) xxx : 0(

I really appreciate this site, what you do here for the members plus giving us the freedom to use what ever we have in our stash is precious … The challenge setters taking time out to think of things to get our minds ticking, the members who give their creativity away for free is extraordinary and that is due to the community you have created. I would pay an annual subscription gladly if that’s what you decided to do (always wondered why you funded this yourself) but to delete accounts and all the wonderful pages from years back …..:eek:

As Mary said AI is here to stay so I will have to grab the bull by the horns and run with it. Going through a rough patch at the moment but I'm working at it...

Sometimes…just sometimes I wish there was modicum of decency in people to follow the gallery guidelines

Last edited:
Thank you, Robyn that you allow us to live our Creativity !
I always try to do different styles but have no personal photos of my family to use here.
I use Pixabay and such/ sometimes my personal Ai images and often combine it with old/
new kits I have is my stash.

Are you feeling the same as Debbie? No !
Are you also feeling uninspired? Sometimes !
Are you too fed up/annoyed with what you are seeing here at Just Art? No !
Would you prefer to see this a closed private site and pay for membership? I offered to pay if Robyn should consider it !

@Robyn ,

I LOVE this site just the way it is!
-------------------------------------
  1. I do NOT feel the same as Debbie.
  2. I often feel uninspired but it has NOTHING to do with this site (it is more related to the pitiful state of my life)!
  3. I cannot say that I've ever been fed up/annoyed with anything I see here at Just Art (though I'd like to refer you back to the forum posts in your "Why are we scrapbooking and what really is current scrapbooking?"Question forum - I think the comments there are certainly related to this forum.
  4. Would I prefer to see this a closed private site and pay for membership? Yes & No. There was a time when I gladly would have agreed to that; however, my circumstances today would prevent me from doing so. I again refer to the above mentioned forum, my post in particular.

So sorry Robyn, didn’t mean to be an arse (had a few G&T’s when I posted) xxx : 0(

I really appreciate this site, what you do here for the members plus giving us the freedom to use what ever we have in our stash is precious … The challenge setters taking time out to think of things to get our minds ticking, the members who give their creativity away for free is extraordinary and that is due to the community you have created. I would pay an annual subscription gladly if that’s what you decided to do (always wondered why you funded this yourself) but to delete accounts and all the wonderful pages from years back …..:eek:

As Mary said AI is here to stay so I will have to grab the bull by the horns and run with it. Going through a rough patch at the moment but I'm working at it...

Sometimes…just sometimes I wish there was modicum of decency in people to follow the gallery guidelines
Saw your post before it became this question and thought "oh no" cuz ... like the world before us ... gotta try to ignore what we can and get on with what's left of the good and get through it however one's personality sees fit! AI isn't for me. If you use it in your creation - say so! Some of our members have learned to work with it and turn out beautiful AI "things" and credit the programs they use. I'm impressed with those because it does take work to turn out a decent creation, really like any other piece of art ...remember the Campbell Soup Can ... NOW, to the questions put forth by Robyn - I'm ok with us like we are - I get po'd at the CT peeps not following your rules - and whatever you decide, I'm for it ... ♥ whatever is easiest for you ♥ and thank you ♥

I like AI art images and stock photos for digital art. I do not have personal photos to use on the internet. Many designers are using AI images in their kits and I think their kits are better with the AI.

“Gallery being flooded with pages of new kits…” I like seeing the pages by the creative team members. I don’t visit all the digital scrapping stores, but I’m sure their galleries are “flooded with pages of new kits.”

I am inspired by looking at the pages by the creative Just Art members.

I do feel annoyed when some members do not follow the Gallery Guidelines. Many of the creative team members are participating in more than 3 challenges a month.

I would pay for membership. I don’t know what a closed private site is –does it mean that only paid members will be able to see the forum and gallery? If it is completely closed, I think Just Art will lose many members.

Robyn, all of us love being members here and we appreciate and thank you for everything you do for all of us. We are all different and have different styles and opinions. It is what it is!

Last edited:
OK, I read everybody...and I agree with you all, every one of you is right, and I understand Debbie's point of view but I also understand the rest of the members' point of view, and I worry about lovely Robyn that is giving us so much for free.

Are you feeling the same as Debbie? NO
Are you also feeling uninspired?
I like to see CT layouts, but I agree that everyone should follow the member's guidelines, and yes it is frustrating.
I am also going through a personal lack of inspiration, some health issues, technical problems with my PC, War, extreme heat, etc, etc. I do participate and host challenges every month, but lately, I have been having issues commenting in the gallery, which I want to apologize about, I will try to do better

Are you too fed up/annoyed with what you are seeing here at Just Art?
Of course not, as you all know...is the same as asking if I am annoyed with cell phones or too many reality shows...well, the world changes, and we, the ones who lived in the '70s, '80s, had to learn how to change with the advance of technology, different ways, etc
Debbie, @zepper, I just gave you yesterday a huge GSO for an amazing page you created, I love old kits and traditional creations, I also keep my own collection and you shouldn't feel that you can't use them because ART is personal and depends on the emotions it awakens, it has no rules and is relative.
AI is everywhere, and I also use it a lot for my designing, believe me, it might seem like a very artificial and easy tool but it is not. First of all, English isn't my mother tongue, but I met amazing artists in the AI world who taught me a lot. I met a lot of writers who are using AI to illustrate their children's books, poetry, etc. I met two amazing sculptures and painters that AI is helping in ways I can't describe
and I am able for the first time to marry my love for writing and scrapbooking in one...which means I can go wild with my imagination, get out of labels and boxes and reach places that make me feel good. So, I am thankful for AI.
And also like Mary and Grace said, I have almost no personal photos, and do you think it is fair that we are not allowed to participate in challenges or in the scrapbooking community because of the lack of photography or permission to use it, or lack of tools?
That's how all the other sites made me feel with their challenges, Lilypad, Oscraps, etc, etc...No personal photos meant no room in their galleries and forums.

Would you prefer to see this as a closed private site and pay for membership?
Sometimes I do feel that I would love it to be private...I would gladly pay, I also offered to Robyn many times to help, but I wouldn't like to miss anybody who probably can't afford it and the potentially amazing new members who could enrich us more.
But, I have a suggestion Robyn...and please let's make a poll about this because I know you, and you won't accept it, but I will insist:
Let's put an anonymous box of donations through PayPal on the homepage or wherever so the ones who can help this site to keep beating and growing...we can.

OK, I read everybody...and I agree with you all, every one of you is right, and I understand Debbie's point of view but I also understand the rest of the members' point of view, and I worry about lovely Robyn that is giving us so much for free.

But, I have a suggestion Robyn...and please let's make a poll about this because I know you, and you won't accept it, but I will insist:
Let's put an anonymous box of donations through PayPal on the homepage or wherever so the ones who can help this site to keep beating and growing...we can.
OH MY GOSH Karen - I am rolling - an hour ago I told my daughter I got a weird email from somebody saying I bought a gun and they were deducting (almost) $500.00 via PayPal. Too funny since I'm always talking about getting a gun and shooting somebody! Well, I figured it was scam/phishing but I signed into my account and called the number ... and yeah, bogus. BUT - my daughter, coming back from a check up for her husband w/cancer surgeon (excellent scan result - University of Maryland Hospital, superior) carried on, read me the riot-act, talked like I gave them my password, etc., etc. I asked her husband to put her out of the car right there, downtown. She said PayPal wasn't safe, wasn't ...., wasn't .... and on & on. I've had PayPal for years without any problems ever and here you are recommending it. Don't worry, I won't tell her cuz she'll call you! ♥ But I don't think it will work with all the different kinds of money Robyn would have to work with and there is the fee they would deduct and knowing her, she'd throw her hands in the air and fuss!

1 - I don't agree with Debbie on AI. I don't use a lot of it on my pages - at least not my own AI. But, I do create elements once in a while because it's impossible to find everything on sites like Pixabay. I still use a lot of my old kits and still buy kits which probably don't contain AI elements.
2 - I don't feel uninspired. Well, I guess I have my moments. But, the other members' creativity inspires me and usually once I get going
on a page, inspiration kicks in.
3 - I'm not annoyed or fed up with anything on JustArt - plenty annoyed with a lot of other things going on in my city, country and world, but not here. This might just by my little safe zone. :)
4 - I would pay for membership if it came to that but wondering if it's the right fit for this site. I liked Karen's PayPal idea, but Ev had a
point on that too - don't know the logistics with that on different currencies, etc.

Finally, I respect everyone's opinions and would also like to thank Robyn for the hard work she does for all of us.

I dont Agree with Debbie on AI, I think it’s here to stay and we have to accept it. I have used it but it’s not my first preference. I prefer photos, either my own or from the likes of pixabay, but sometimes you just can’t find what you want. I don’t have a problem with what others like to do, it’s their choice. Nothing on this site bugs me Robyn, I think you do a wonderful job and I am lucky to be part of it. I also would happily pay a subscription.

I may be wrong, but I believe Pay Pal changes the currency for the site from where it originates. I know when I buy something from the US my Canadian dollar is changed to US currency and I pay the equivalent. so yes I would pay

As to the wonderful Just Art site, this is the only one I go to now as I gave up CT work. I like the freedom here and want to use the 'millions' of kits I already own and forget I have.
I do think that CT's should put their pages in the designated CT gallery only not both the member and CT galleries.

As for AI well I am ambivalent. I haven't learned the knack of making my own AI nor have any desire to do so. I will use an AI image if it fits the theme I am looking for just as I will use photos from places that allow you to do so. Do I prefer actual paintings, drawings, photos?... yes.

I think the members have a great variety of styles and use many different kits and designers. I like that. The site is inclusive and does not promote only those products for sale.

Am I uninspired? It depends on the day. lol I will say I don't do as much as I have done in the past and prefer to do quick little projects like making banners. I have 808 pages that I have made that scroll through my desktop randomly. Somehow I don't think I need any more.:-11

Thanks everyone for your comments.

In the light of your comments and on further reflection, I definitely won't be making this a private, subscription site.

Thank you for your offers of financial help, but as always I'm happy to keep things as they are. This thread wasn't about finances, but more about how I could better deal with creative team pages in the gallery, and also just wondering what the general feeling was on the use of AI in our pages.

Re AI . . . I think like it or not, it is here to stay. Personally I like the flexibility of whether to use it or not, or whether to combine AI with more traditional products and/or methods.

Re CT gallery layouts. . . . Yes, I am annoyed that some people take advantage of our gallery and are somewhat lax about gallery rules. But I don't want to throw the baby out with bathwater, as many members who are also on creative teams actually do the right thing, and I don't wish those members to feel like a finger is being pointed at them.

In my opinion, it comes down to the fact that everyone is different and has different likes and dislikes. I am personally not a fan of AI but I am fortunate to have thousands of photos and I love traditional digital scrapbooking with beautiful kits. However, I realise we are all different. My rule for myself is 'I comment on all pages of the challenges I host. Apart from that, if I don't like a page, I won't comment on it, and I normally only comment on pages that are created for challenges. I rarely give CT pages a second glance just because I'm not into them. Yes, I used to get upset about people not following the brief in challenges, but it is what it is. People will do what they do, so just let it go. What else can you do apart from having no rules at all. Basically I'm here to challenge myself and to be a part of this awesome community. I would hate for Debbie (Zepper) to leave the group because she is wonderfully talented in scrapbooking and I love looking at her pages, as I do with many other scrappers.

Last edited:
I would hate for Karen (Zepper) to leave the group because she is wonderfully talented in scrapbooking and I love looking at her pages, as I do with many other scrappers.
You are so kind ~ about @zepper ~ me too ... I think she was having a "moment" and is back to having a normal moment-less time now that she's had her say and will stay with us ... I mean R.E.A.L.L.Y. who wants to leave any of us awesome broads? JA07

I can take or leave AI. I have used it occasionally, would never say never, but its not my first choice. It is here to stay for sure and a personal decision as to how much or how little you use. I like to use my 100's of GB of kits I have purchased over the years. The AI pages and photos can be really beautiful and I understand that not everyone has personal photos to use. I do have personal stuff, but I also sometimes use free photos as well to suit the challenge/brief.

The CT stuff can get a bit heavy in the gallery, but we make our own decisions oh what to look at in the gallery. Sometimes I look at the gallery and think there is not much else there, but I just gloss over most of the CT stuff, one knows by name the people who post to meet the requirements (some done even do this I THINK), I think most people tag their stuff as CT but not all. I rarely comment on a lot of the CT stuff even thought I admire it, except for some of them who I know actually look at other peoples work and comment, and who are great at being inclusive on the site. Seems like a lot of CT people put up a few challenges, to fit the rules, and never comment on anybody's work. There are a lot of contributors (NOT CT girls) who also NEVER comment on any other work, the most they do is thank people for being so kind as to like theirs, if they say anything, saying thank you on their own work and not commenting on the work of others, just doesn't cut the mustard. But @Robyn I know you have tried our hardest to make the gallery fair and there is little else you can do. One can lead a horse to water but no on can make it drink.

As I am sure Robyn knows I would be happy to help out with costs for the site, but also feel it would lose us members which would be a terrible shame. Contribute yes, closed site no, not everyone is in the position to help our like some of us are able to. We do not want to lose any of our friends.

I think we all have times when we feel uninspired and like our mojo is not working. Par for the course. Don't get down about it Debbie @zepper .. this too will pass and your lovely work will be admired again in the gallery. Maybe take a break and charge up that mojo.

I LOVE this site as I can feel free to scrap what and how I want. LOL mojo permitting. No one looks down on you for your style. Its a wonderful place for feeling secure in your scrapping.

Anyway my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Very well thought out and sensible comments. Thank you all.

• Care
Reactions: Ev
Back