Inactive members

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
Please be aware of a 'rule' that has been in place for some time, but I've never actually stated it publicly.

If after a reasonable amount of time a member does not make any contributions to either the forum or gallery, that membership will be deactivated without notice.

This has been put in place to stop freebie hunters from visiting our site and not contributing to it in any way. Taking advantage of it in other words! Obviously people have to register to gain access to the Registered Members Only section of the gallery where most of the freebies are.

This may seem harsh to some of you, but I see it this way. This site is not supported by a store and is more, if you like, a semi-private club. To those of you who regularly or semi-regularly contribute here, it doesn't seem fair that an inactive member gets the same benefits and privileges as members, who by their participation here, keep this site ticking over.

I don't wish to offend anyone, so please do NOT take offense about the contents of this post. I know there will always be exceptions where people are sick, or life circumstances dictate that a long period of absence from the site is necessary. That's absolutely fine and as it should be. Just send me a PM and let me know and I will support you in any way I can.

But when I see members who registered year/s ago and yet still visit regularly with NO activity, then to me, that person is an inactive member.

Thank you for your understanding.

Robyn

Administrator
Staff member
And another reason for this post...

When people email me asking to be reinstated (and unfortunately not always in a particularly pleasant manner!) I can refer them to this post without having to explain why they have been deactivated.

I choose to deactivate rather than delete membership, because I am always happy to reactive if the person in question will give an undertaking to participate here. I think that sounds fair, and hopefully you do too!