• Members' end of year kit.  Please VOTE HERE for the colour and name of your choice.  Voting closes on November 28th.

JULY 2018 - How did I create this Layout? #2

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
wow! This is so pretty Micheline!! xx and never worry that it is not exactly the same! :)

So with the cut out.......... after creating the background and merging it all together you will have just one background layer.
Use the Rectangular Marquee tool to draw a rectangular shape outline, just inside the paper edge of the A4 paper.
Now you have the background layer with a rectangular shape outline with 'marching ants'.
Use CTRL+X to cut this shape out of the background layer and then CTL+V to paste this cutout on a new layer.
Go back to the original background layer and delete it, this is because you will have a lot of overlapping pixels from the collages you used to create the background, you won't see them but they are there, adding to your file size.
So you only have the cutout layer now which is your background and you can put elements on the edge if you like, to look like they are 'over hanging' the border.
Does that make sense now Micheline? Please let me know if you don't. xx

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Glorious! The pretty green background is just perfect for all the spring like elements on top of it! Beautiful! :)

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Oh my! What is not to like about this lovely page!? I could see this printed out and pasted in an art journal about nature! Beautifully done Barb and so happy you gave it a go! :)

Migueline

Esteemed Senior Member
thank you Ona to clarifying for me. First I did'nt delete the original and I did'nt able to put elements on the edge they were cut. For sure I will try again at an other time but I will. thanks again xx

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Challenge Host - November
Ona, thank you for the fabulous step-by-step tutorial! I tried using the bright blue butterfly from Tangie's Resplendent Marbled Wings but it was too bright so I used the same butterfly that you used.

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Oh, how pretty Grace! The black and white butterfly is just perfect for this page! Really love the pretty colours too!

Rosie

Supreme Senior Member
I decided to try using this idea as part of a larger layout. Thought it might be interesting. xxxxx

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Oh!!! this looks very exotic Mary! beautifully done and love the addition of the dragon! Stunning!

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Well what a great page! Love the idea Rosie, what a lovely and beautiful page! I adore the citrus colours here! WOW!!

Moss

No Title

I am soooo nervous... 1 this is the first time I have tried to post anything so hope I do it right
2 this is also the first time I have tried this kind of art and am way out of my comfort zone. I watched the 2 tutorials and I think my effort has taken something from each one, hope that is ok. I got a bit lost and am not sure what I am trying to achieve so please I would appreciate any help and ideas. Thank you, now I will try to post!

Attachments

Robyn

Administrator and Grand Pooh-Bah
Staff member
Hi Moss, please don't be nervous, we are here to help. Now as far as I can see you haven't posted your page in our gallery. Do you need help with that?

wombat146

Premier Senior Member
Hello Moss! :) From what I can see you layout looks fabulous! but as Robyn mentioned, if you upload it to the gallery first, then you can copy a link over and paste it your post here and your page will look a lot bigger. :) Like Robyn also said, we are here to help so please just ask away and there is no need to rush, no deadlines to meet, just enjoy creating your art! xx

Moss

Thank you ladies for your confidence boosting help. I don’t have enough available images to warrant a personal gallery at the moment , however ..... you can click on the photo and it will expand. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope I will have more to post soon and eventually create a gallery. Thank you so much for your patience

Grace

Supreme Senior Member
Moss, love the gorgeous page you created! There's a limit of 3 uploads per person per 24 hour period in the Gallery so you should consider uploading the page you created and not wait until you have many pages to upload.

Lillias

Esteemed Senior Member
Lovely page moss. Beautiful colours and love the word art. I hope you enjoyed making your page; it's fun learning new things.